BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tyranid list help

Hey does anyone know how much points the new tyranid army is?
    just everything in the box cover, an approximate will help me dearly!
    and how to go on with the box? should you get the box?
    are genestealers the main troops now instead of the gaunts?

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

Quote Originally Posted by TGCMactar View Post
    Hey does anyone know how much points the new tyranid army is?
    just everything in the box cover, an approximate will help me dearly!
    and how to go on with the box? should you get the box?
    are genestealers the main troops now instead of the gaunts?
    Are you referring to the start collecting box? If so, it's about 400-500 points depending on how you load stuff out.

We did an unboxing which you can view [URL="http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/11/tabletop-spotlight-new-tyranid-releases.html"]HERE[/URL]. Along with a write-up about the contents.

If you're new, the box is a good deal because you'll get a nice core to start from. If you're a vet and don't have a need for more genestealers, a broodlord, or a Trygon/Trygon Prime/Mawloc, then don't get the box. Otherwise, yes - it's still a deal.

Are genestealers the main troop now? Really, it depends on how you want to play. If you don't have anything to support guants then they are really good speed bumps. Genestealers pretty good now if you have a way to get them across the table...like a Trygon tunnel or Swarmlord to catapult them.

How to go on with the box? I'm assuming you mean what do you get next? That's, again, up to you and what are you want to play. If you want to go with a swarm you're going to need more gaunts. If you want to get the minimum slots for a Battalion, a Hive Tyrant Kit and some more stealers/warriors/guants is a good call. Do you want to run Big, Smashy "Big Bugs" then you're going to want to get carnifexes or others. If you want to go heavy on the Psychics you're going to want a box of Zoanthropes for the "new" Neurothrope HQ.

The doors wide open - any specifics you're looking for in terms of what you want to do next?

Well im reffering to THE tyranid army box the expensive one with gaunts and stuff.
    im going for a hordy tyranid list.

Hordy tyranid list in my opinion should have tervigon hqs. Genestealers bave a threat range of 26 inches its not as hard as it used to be getting them across the table, but I recommend a broodlord if your going to field lots of them. Venomthropes are going to make your list. Hope these small tid bits help