BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Mistress of Mayhem

Default BATTLE REPORT THREAD:Sisters of Battle vs Chaos Daemons (1/8/2018)

Chaos Damons

Great Unclean One – Bilesword / Plagueflail – 325

Epidemius – 100

Daemon Prince – sword-talons – 156

Spoilpox Scrivener – 75

21x Plaguebearers – 147

21x Plaguebearers – 147

21x Plaguebearers – 147

7x Nurglings – 126

7x Nurglings – 126

3x Feculent Gnarlmaws – 150

1500 CP 6/6

Sisters of Battle

Celestine with x2 Geminae Superia – 200
    Canoness w/ Eviscerator – 57 pts

Imagifier – 40

10x Battle Sister Squad w/ Flamer, Hvy Bolter and Power Sword- 113

10x Retributor Squad w/ 4x Hvy Bolter -130
    5x Dominon Squad w/ 4x Melta Guns – 118
    Immolator w. Immolation flamer and storm bolter -107

10x Retributor Squad w/ 4x Hvy Bolter -130
    Rhino w 2x Storm Botler – 81
    Rhino w 2x Storm Botler – 81
    Vanguard Detachment
    Canoness w/ Eviscerator – 57 pt
    Imagifier – 40

Ministorum Priest – 35

Ministorum Priest – 35

1500 CP 7/7
    Twitch and Cosplay inquiries: [email protected]

That deep strike stratagem is going to be a significant headache for daemon opponents. Those Gnarlmaws too - especially if you can contrive to have Slimux drop 1 or 2 deep onto the board.

Up til now, no one has expected super-sporto Nurgle sprinting armies. Combinations of relatively high toughness, lots of wounds, daemon saves AND disgusting resilience (or the whole lot), and now your opponent will have significantly less time to whittle them down a bit? I hate them already
    Last edited by Icendar; 01-08-2018 at 05:27 PM.
    I didn't go to the LVO but I'm still a reasonably OK-ish person.

Veteran-Sergeant

So yeah, the Great Unclean One wasn't as deadly as I thought it would be but damn if he wasn't hard to kill.

Granted I was rolling exceptionally poorly that game. Like, I feel like I haven't rolled that badly in a long time. Also, Abe made WAAAAAAY too many disgustingly resilient rolls.
    But yeah, I got charged on Turn 1, but that was by deep strikers and nurglings which got to cheat but the rest of his army charged on Turn 2. Brutal.

I definitely focused too much on killing the GUO on my first turn, but I didn't know his stat block and I assumed he would rip me to ribbons if I didn't kill him. If I had focused more on the troops they would have been much weaker by the time they got to me. Still getting to deep strike trees really sucks for me. Them getting to assault and charge is great. Plus they get +2 cover saves.

I had a bunch of flamers I didn't utilize properly. I've noticed I get into the bad habit of trying to play quickly and not doing things optimally. I'm sure I could have positioned myself better to fire bolters at GUO and flamers at the not-poxwalkers.

Also, throughout the whole game I totally forgot Ministormum Priests grant an extra attack in the fight phase. So.... oops.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SALLstice View Post
    [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixuOLJfwa4Q"]Mistakes... I've made a few. But then again, too few to mention.[/URL]
    Playing quickly and trying to keep things moving which leads to forgetting rules, which, in turn, leads to being smashed. This is why I feel bad for you when you're live on stream and using an army that you're not familiar with.

I know I've said it before, but making some notes on the army would really help you out. Nothing like War and Peace, but just a few things you want to remember to do with whatever army throughout the game (like a stratagem or 2 and some unit abilities you don't want to forget) written on a post-it which you make a conscious effort to look at before each turn.

Or, if the person making the list did this step and handed you some useful army tips before the game that you could refer to. Then you keep it with the Index/Codex and dig it out next time you play that army to jog your memory a bit.
    I didn't go to the LVO but I'm still a reasonably OK-ish person.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Icendar View Post
    handed you some useful army tips
    I've played every army we have so many times at this point I should know what my battle plan is going in. I think you're right in that I need more focus in my general strategy.
    I'm my golden age of a couple months ago when I was winning more consistently, I did more mental preparation; before the game and before each turn. Gotta get back into that habit. I got complacent, I think, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Icendar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SALLstice
    Mistakes... I've made a few. But then again, too few to mention.
    This is my favorite song to karaoke, but my girlfriend doesn't like it because apparently two people have been murdered after singing in karaoke and she doesn't want me to be murdered too.
    It's a nice sentiment, but I still maintain she listens to too many murder podcasts.

Back when we started I tended to go over some quick tips with Matt before the games, or when I sent him the lists. (since 90% of the times I make the lists, though I haven't made the demon lists this week, thats all Larry). I haven't done that in a bit but am happy to go over stuff with Matt if he asks (which I hope you know Matt!).

Sadly, as always time just gets in the way of me being able to give people too many notes.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by StableAbe View Post
    which I hope you know Matt!
    For sure.

It's mostly a combination of not having time to really read over all the psychic powers, strategems, combos, etc before each game. I did study today and review all of my stuff because I got in early and went over everything. I think I had a much better idea of what to do this game.

Veteran-Sergeant

The stratagems and psychic cards are super useful for helping you remember to use them during a game. Whenever I build and army, I choose a handful of stratagems that I will use with that army and keep the cards out when i play and just leave the rest in the box because I know I won't use them. It makes it much easier to remember when you can just fan out 6 or so stratagems rather than flipping through the book and looking at all of them on a page. Same for psychic powers imo. (i realize the daemon cards aren't out yet, but I don't think i've seen any of them used)

I've actually been pushing for us to get the stratagem cards for a couple of months now. We all play a ton of different factions and lists within those factions here and its though keeping track of it all. I'm the most experienced player in the group (though not the longest playing, Larry's been in the game since shortly after when the oceans drank Atlantis) and I have trouble keeping the stratagems straight and remembering them all.