BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Necron dex- update

Well like many I am going to try my hand at custom rules. However Im not very organised so its not all in one go. Basically when Ill work on one unit at a time and hopefully have a finished dex in the next month or 2 However to start off I will do some weapons, general army rules and a couple of units. Also I have taken some inspiration from the custom dex by Sekhmet so if you notice similarities thats normal. So here it goes:
    Army special rules-

Necrontyr- The majority of the necron race consists of the original servants of the C'tan, the first to take up the flesh of steel. Any model with the necrontyr special rule is subject to Feel No Pain and Stubborn. They are also subject to the Phase Out special rule.

Phase out- If a necron force should be on the verge of defeat, they will quickly depart back to their tomb world before any more damage is sustained. If a model with the Phase out rule is below Half strength and fail a morale check the unit is removed and immediatley gives a KP to the opposing player. Independant Characters with the Phase out rule can only phase out when they have half of their wounds left rounding down. If an independant character is with a unit that fail their morale check and phase out then the independent charcter remains on the field, wondering what just happened...

Ancient Machine- Most of the necron army have been completely dormant for millenia and have become slightly worn over the ages, despite the impossible technology that is used to make them. Necrons with the Ancient Machine rule are slow and purposeful.

HQ

Necron Lord
    Pts-95 WS-5 BS-4 S-5 T-5 W-3 I-3 A-3 Ld-10 Sv-3+

Special Rules- Necrontyr, Independant character, Commander- The necron lord and any unit he has joined can choose to re-roll Morale checks.

Wargear- The Necron Lord MUST pick one of the following pieces of wargear:
    Claws(free)- Confer +1A in close combat
    Staff of Light(+10)-Counts as a power weapon in combat and as a shooting wep with the following profile
    Range-12" S-4 Ap-4 Type-Assault 3, Rending
    Phase Blade(+20)-Wielder is a monstrous creature in close combat also shooting attack with following profile
    Range-Template S-4 Ap-4 Type-Assault 1, Rending

The necron Lord may choose to have any of the following:
    Destroyer body(+30)- Grants +1T, +1I moves like jetbike.(cant take aswell as wraith)
    Wraith body(+40)- Grants +2I, moves like a jetbike, grants 3+ invulnerable save, Ignores difficult terrain tests.(cant take aswell as destroyer)
    Resurrection Orb(+35)- Any friendly units within 6" can re-roll FnP
    Chronometron(+20)- Gives necron lord and any unit he is with fleet
    Living Metal(+10)- Makes necron eternal warrior
    Phase shifter(+20)- Grants 4+ invulnerable
    Veil of darkness(+30)- Any unit wishing to shoot the necron lord and any unit he is with must apply Night Fighting rules
    Phylactery(+10)- If the necron Lord loses all of his wounds roll a D6. On the roll of a six the necron Lord stands with 1 wound left.
    Last edited by Cyberscape7; 10-21-2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Master Bryss and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    Hi, I'm Titans newest recruit. PREPARE TO BE PURGED!!!

Chaplain

Elites

Immortals
    Pts/mdl-30 WS-3 BS-5 S-4 T-5 W-2 I-2 A-1 Ld-10 Sv-4+
    Unit composition- 5-10
    Special Rules- Necrontyr, Ancient Machine
    Wargear- Living Metal, Gauss Blaster:
    Range- 24" S-5 Ap-4 Type- Assault 2, Rending
    The squad may take Targeting systems as an upgrade for +5 points a model
    Targeting Systems- Model treats weapons as twin-linked

Pariahs
    Pts/mdl-30 WS-4 BS-4 S-5 T-5 W-2 I-3 A-2 Ld-10 Sv-3+
    Unit composition- 5-10
    Special Rules- Fearless, Abomination- Any models within 12" of a Pariah unit must take a Morale check at the begining of their movement phase on 3D6 and pick the 2 highest unless the unit is in combat . If failed they become subject to rage for their following turn. Any Psykers within 12" must also roll 3D6 for perils of the warp and pick the 2 highest.
    Wargear- Phase Blade
    Last edited by Cyberscape7; 10-21-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Chaplain

Troops

Warriors
    WS-3 BS-3 S-3 T-5 W-1 I-2 A-1 Ld-10 Sv-4+
    (10-20) Pts-15
    Special Rules: Necrontyr, Ancient Machine
    Wargear- Gauss Flayer: 24" S4 Ap5 Rapid fire, Rending
    Options- Advanced Targeting+3 per model(gives +1 BS)

Chaplain

Sorry to break up your order, but I'd keep editing the OP rather than making new posts per entry. Anyway I am commenting for two reasons. One, I need to give you a present:

WSBSSTWIALDSV
    4435121103+

If you quote that table and put it into an edit screen it should come up with a HTML code. To put stats in, simply replace the numbers. I've already done Warriors for you.

Secondly, I haven't really torn this to pieces yet. So:

Lord: I think there is no incentive to take the Staff as the Phase Blade is much better for not as large a cost. I'd raise it to 20.

I'd keep the Destroyer Body like it is in the current Codex, the reason Biker toughness is in brackets is that they can get off their bike. Destroyer bodies are part of the Lord, therefore contribute to natural toughness.

I'd raise the Chrono to 20 as it's too cheap to pass up. The idea with wargear design is to avoid 'no-brainer' choices you'd be an idiot not to take.

I'd drop the Phase Shifter to 20 as right now for 10 points more the Wraith body is much better value.

(If I say nothing about something take that as a sign I like it.)

Immortals: Basic and solid. Not sure if it's worth quite two warriors, I'd maybe drop to 28.

Pariahs: In order to make the current Pariahs better I would just lower their cost. I don't think they suit T6 at all. I'd drop to T5 but keep everything else and make them 30 each.

Warriors: Again, simple and effective.

If you think I'm being too harsh then don't hesitate to tell me so.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/