BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Starter Darkelves

So, like many others, I'm going to get back into Warhammer fantasy because of the new edition.
    I've decided to play dark elves and am putting together a small 1000 point starter army.

So far I've choosen:
    A Master with defensive magic items
    24 Crossbows with shields
    6 dark riders with x-bows
    16 Executioners
    and a Reaper Bolt Thrower

It comes to 872 points so far.

My question for my other forsaken brothers and sisters is; What should I spend the last 128 points on?
    Should I add a Mage or BSB, or a small unit of Corsairs, or another Bolt Thrower?
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Veteran-Sergeant

You should get a death hag bsb in order to make those executioners a moderately good unit.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Nikephoros View Post
    You should get a death hag bsb in order to make those executioners a moderately good unit.
    Even a naked hag with battle standard would put me over the total hero's points limit; and I really don't want to change the Master's layout.
    It is not the combat I resent, brother. It is the thirst for glory that gets men cut into ribbons.

Veteran-Sergeant

Hmmm thats tough because you have a lot of point tied up in Executioners which quite frankly aren't that great without the ASF banner.