BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Codex: Tau Empire 5th Edition....

I'm bored of the current rumour circulation and it's lack of my little fish people, so here we go. What would you like to see changed, added or all out removed from the current dex?

I can't comment at the momment as I have been spending my time (last few months) playtesting my Salamander's and Hive Fleet Behemoth Splinter Fleet armies.
    No this world is theirs!

Increase the size of battlesuit squads to 5, clean up the rules for firing markerlights (mainly make them all networked and have their firing be independent and prior to their attached squad's firing), fearless and increased drone types, maybe squadron rules for grav tanks. The list goes on, but those may be the most realistic things to hope for.

Chapter-Master

make fire warriors cheaper, more tanks and useful ethereals. oh an hit and run FOR ALL UNITS or smoke -fallback grenades,

OR shooting into combat and anti DS

when i play againt my mate who playes tauvs my ba its a "NO DS unless drop pods" and it balances the game tremendously
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

I can see hit and run for suits, but not Firewarriors. They're slow and clumsy in close combat, how are they supposed to run away from someone faster, stronger and more skilled than they are? Suits, at least, can literally fly away from combat.

I'd personally like to see drones with special weapons. It's be interesting if you could stick a few fusion guns or flamers in a drone squadron and deepstrike it onto something.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Keep the Devilfish the same amount of points but make it fast. They could also make Hammerheads fast but increase the cost of the Railgun to balance it. I really think that Firewarriors should be BS4 or markerlights should be less costly to take in small amounts. Maybe attach a markerlight drone to a 12 man Firewarrior squad to give them the chance at being BS4.

Piranhas really need to be improved too. As it stands, Tau don't have any viable Fast Attack options.

-Make XV9's a codex option thy look cool and they offer a FA option for Tau, a slot that's not often used.

-Offer a low ranking ethereal as an elites or HQ choice, think Space Marine Chaplain but instead of re-roll to hit in close combat its re-roll to hit in shooting.

-Change Price of Failure so that if a unit passes the LD test they have Relentless instead of Preferred Enemy.

-Kroot Carnivores with a built in 6+ save. Or Kroot marksmen (markskroot?) that could act as snipers

-Either make Devilfish act as fast vehicles or offer an upgrade that allows them to be fast.

- A Kroot shaper or Vespid named character.

-Give the Devilfish the option to fire off a missile barrage that has a limited range and does not require markerlight shots to use (think DOW Dark Crusade Skyray)

- Pathfinder Jetbikes could be cool

I would like to see more slave races for Tau. What they are not slaves? What else would you call them then?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Lower the points-cost for everything across the board.

Let the Battle Suit groups take more suits or give them cooler big guns or make them more survivable (or all three ) .

Kroot should have a base save and the stealth special rule.

Make Markerlights more common and cheaper.

More skimmers and vehicles (maybe even a Battle Suit carrier )

Add in the Demiurg, the Tarellians and the Gue'Vesa (Humans that have sword allegiance to the Greater Good).

Chapter-Master

Make the army BS 4.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Make the army BS 4.

Done.
    I've suggested that before and non-tau players scream to the high heaven about how 'broken' and 'unfair' that would be... >.> The sad thing is GW listens to those kinds of people...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast