BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Believe it or not the most dangerous thing for a Tiger was its own crew! Half of all Tiger 1 loses resulted from them being destroyed by their crew due to mechanical breakdown, damage or lack of fuel. Tiger's were notoriously hard to recover from the battlefield, needing 2 Sdkfz 9's linked together to tow one. The towing of a Tiger by another Tiger was strictly forbidden and a Court Martial offense!
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Battle-Brother

My Tigers seem to 'off' themselves on hedges more times than my opponments kill them in firefights. The bane of Tigers is either heavy soviet tanks (or T34/85's) or Aircraft. The Germans don't get much in the way of AA or aircraft in Late War, something worth exploiting!

Quote Originally Posted by jahred View Post
    My Tigers seem to 'off' themselves on hedges more times than my opponents kill them in firefights. The bane of Tigers is either heavy soviet tanks (or T34/85's) or Aircraft. The Germans don't get much in the way of AA or aircraft in Late War, something worth exploiting!
    The one thing the Germans should have plenty of late war is AA. They had tons of it! In some Volksgrenadier Divisions they replaced the entire Arty complement with AA!

The 100mm/122mm guns on late Russian stuff are way too effective under the rules, neither being very good AT guns, both of them having quite low muzzle velocities for such large caliber guns.
    Neither do the rules take into account the incredibly poor Soviet optics of the period.

Mind you when you're getting mobbed by dozens of them..........lol
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12