BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by lowdog View Post
    But then you can't embark your squads in a rhino or a razorback, not to mention needing the points for 4 other WG for every WG heavy weapon termy. Granted I already have two footslogging squads...
    i use the squad of grey hunters with termies in to provide cover fire and guard objectives, so they dont go anywhere and therefore dont need rhinos. although that may only be useful playing against assault orientated opponents which is what im generally against.
    ive got the extra wolf guard i need for the weapons in a squad that does attack i could put them in a rhino, and i got a big blood claw squad for attacking, but i feel that the grey hunters with termy with gay heavy weapons, are definately alot more suited to a stationary support fire role. i would use long fangs but they arent a scoring unit or as big.

Okay, here are two variants based on the comments given. My plan is to collect the models to alternate between these variants at 1500.

List 1

Rune Priest - 110 Force Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, 5+ Ward power

Dreadnought - 150 Multimelta, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod

Dread nought - 150 Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters - 210 Flamer, Meltagun, Powerfist, Rhino

10 Grey Hunters - 210 Flamer, Meltagun, Powerfist, Rhino

10 Grey Hunters - 225 Flamer, Meltagun, Powerfist, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod

3 Thunderwolves - 215 1 w/ TH/SS, 1 w/ Meltabombs

Vindicator - 115

5 Long Fangs - 115 4 Missile Launchers

Total - 1500

Replaced one of the Grey Hunters for the Thunder Wolves and a Pod for the 3rd Hunter squad, which also picked up a Wulfen to help it burrow into an objective. They will accompany the first dread down in turn 1, and the 2nd dread will come in later to back up. I still have at least 3 troop squads for objective taking but I pick up the thunderwolves.

List 2

Rune Priest - 110 FW, BP, Chooser

10 Grey Hunters - 200 Flamer, Meltagun, Wulfen, Rhino

10 Grey Hunters - 200 Flamer, Meltagun, Wulfen, Rhino

10 Grey Hunters - 200 Flamer, Meltagun, Wulfen, Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters - 175 Flamer, Meltagun, Power Fist

Dread - 150 MM, HF, Pod

Dread - 150 MM, HF, Pod

Vindicator - 115

5 Long Fangs - 115 4 Missile Launchers

Whirlwind/Dakka Pred - 85

Total - 1500

By swapping fists for wulfen on the three advance squads, I can pick up a transport (original list paid 5 points too much on the chooser of the slain, it's only 10 and I thought it was 15). The last footslogging squad is there to claim the nearest objective or hold my home objective in the deployment zone objective mission. It still lacks the hammer unit, but I also don't feel like there is anything in the list I can't afford to lose, and I can add the T-wolves and a fourth transport back in at 1750.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123