BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Fly Lord

Default Citation Warning Template Change Request

Hi All,

We would like to request that in the future when article that warrants a "warning template" such as for more citations is found, we place the warning template at the bottom of the page, just above the citations, instead of at the top of the page.

When warning templates are placed at the very top of the page, the text they contain is seen first and gets automatically scraped and used as sample text on social media (facebook, twitter) and within search engines (google) when Lexicanum articles are referenced. This makes the wiki seem like it is full of incomplete information, instead of emphasizing the actual page topic.

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Hi All,

We would like to request that in the future when article that warrants a "warning template" such as for more citations is found, we place the warning template at the bottom of the page, just above the citations, instead of at the top of the page.

When warning templates are placed at the very top of the page, the text they contain is seen first and gets automatically scraped and used as sample text on social media (facebook, twitter) and within search engines (google) when Lexicanum articles are referenced. This makes the wiki seem like it is full of incomplete information, instead of emphasizing the actual page topic.

-Larry
    Okay I will do so, whenever I find one such article.

Any news on the update to the request account page?

Well, yes, I think it's okay to remove them from the top of the page. We should keep them at the top of questionable passages though.

Fly Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
    Okay I will do so, whenever I find one such article.

Any news on the update to the request account page?

We are hoping to get BoLS updated by end of January - then the Lex logins will be updated.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    We are hoping to get BoLS updated by end of January - then the Lex logins will be updated.
    Any news on this?