BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Fly Lord

Default BATTLE REPORT THREAD: Quad-god Daemons vs Aeldari (1/10/2018)

Join us as we tear into Codex Chaos Daemons and put a 4 god melting pot army up against the Craftworlders!

Chaos Daemons

Great Unclean One – Bilesword / Plagueflail – 325

Bloodthirster – 340

Daemon Prince (Slaanesh) – sword-talons – 156

21x Plaguebearers – 147

24 Bloodletters – 168

18 Daemonettes – 126

18 Pink Horrors – 126

6 Nurglings – 108

1496 CP 6/6

Eldar

Warlock Conclave x3 w/ x3 Singing spear – 105

Farseer w/ singing spear – 105

10x Storm Guardians w/ 2x Flamer -88

8x Storm Guardians w/ 2x Flamer -74

5x Dire Avengers w/ Exarch has 2x catapults – 64

10x Striking scorpions w/ Scorpion’s claw- 134

5x Wraithguard w/ D-Scythe – 225

2x Vypers w/ Scatter Lasers – 120

Wave Serpent w/ Twin Scatter Laser, Shuriken cannon, Crystal Targeting Matrix- 139

Wave Serpent w/ Twin Scatter Laser, Shuriken cannon, Crystal Targeting Matrix- 139

Falcon- w/ Pulse Laser, Eldar Missle Launcer, Shuriken cannnon, Crystal Targeting Matrix- 165

1497 CP 6/6
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Fly Lord

So Jenn got to command a shoot & scoot mech eldar army for the first time!

And Matt had a LOT of daemons!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Veteran-Sergeant

Oh right.

It was definitely a pretty close game overall, I think.
    I'm CERTAIN it would not have been even remotely close if I had planned better. Here's how it would have gone down.

Pregame: Move nurglings onto that left objective.
    Turn 1: Discover that's the Supply Cache. Drop Great Unclean One and Plaguebearers on top of it.
    Turn 2-5: Doesn't matter.
    Turn 6: Win.

So, at the end of the day, I'm actually happy I dropped him on the other side of the board. I still got my victory and it made for a more exciting game to watch, which is our main objective.

Regardless, I think Jenn did a very good job of staying away from me and knowing when to focus fire. I think she was in a rough spot with the matchup and game objective, but she did well considering. Once she got everything close enough to the supply cache, she jumped everyone out and blasted teh carp out of my bloodletters. Ultimately, if it had gone on another round, I think I still would have won out simply because I still had the full squad of Horrors with their 63 shots, hitting on 4+ and (with that psychic power) wounding on probably 3+ or maybe 2+ in infantry.

My Deamonettes and Bloodthirster did basically nothing except zone control which didn't matter in this game. I wasn't thinking in the mindset of "It's Eldar. I won't be able to catch them. Stop trying." Moreover, I think I didn't do great with keeping my Bloodthirster with his Bloodletters, which is a real shame because he had the Crimson Crown, which would have been great for slicing up some tanks.

Either way, I think Jenn did great and I got lucky.
    But it's certainly better to be lucky than good.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for anyone looking at the deamon list, it's not exactly correct. I shuffled the numbers around and dropped some nurglings to make sure all of my deamon troops were 20+ for that sweet, sweet bonus.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SALLstice View Post
    Pregame: Move nurglings onto that left objective.
    Turn 1: Discover that's the Supply Cache. Drop Great Unclean One and Plaguebearers on top of it.
    Turn 2-5: Doesn't matter.
    Turn 6: Win.
    That's it right there. In every case, those guys would have been really hard to shift, and with reserve bloodletters all over the place, I doubt she could have got enough numbers close enough to the objective to do much anyway.

That said, I think as soon as the objective was revealed, Jenn should have piled all her dudes (gender-neutral ) out of their transports. One of the things that cost her was having half her army off the table for like 3 turns. That's a lot of return-fire at the daemons that went begging.
    Late game, we saw that bloodletter unit just evaporate under the fire it took. Doing that earlier would have given her a chance of moving up on the objective again (I'm talking in the way the game was actually played out, not in the perfect Matt-wins scenario).

...more exciting game to watch...
    Well it certainly made sure the result was going to be in doubt longer I might be alone in this, but I consider good generalship to be more exciting than engineering "cool" fights. For example, if you have two heavy hitters on the table - Guilliman and Magnus, say - and, on the last turn, Magnus can move one way, fight some mooks and secure an objective for a win, or move the other way, let the mooks have the objective and the win, but (wow) he gets to one-on-one with Guilliman, give me the mook-fight every time. The Guilliman-Magnus showdown isn't exciting if it's costing you the game. Of course it'd be different if the showdown had victory riding on it!

Ultimately, if it had gone on another round, I think I still would have won...
    Agreed, those horrors are a nasty unit. I don't think Jenn could have taken them all out in one turn and she would have copped an absolute mauling while attempting it. It would have been nice to see the Bloodthirster get his fight on, and the GUO for that matter, but c'est la vie.

It was a good win and you should be proud, lucky or not.
    I didn't go to the LVO but I'm still a reasonably OK-ish person.