BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Space Hulk!

Default Space Hulk!

Official GW UK Store listing of Space Hulk!

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat180018a&prodId=prod2100 09a[/url]

Scout

ordered one as soon as i saw it. time to relive my childhood all over again only thing is whats with the bases? seems stange that they are a funny shape. models look sweet at least they did not reclcye black reach and mcragge models.
    here is the description for it
    Space Hulk
    From the depths of space an ancient vessel drifts slowly towards the Imperium of Mankind - a space hulk. Within its confines, untold thousands of Genestealers slowly emerge from hibernation. The Space Marines must enter the cramped corridors and tomb-like chambers of the ancient ship to defeat this alien menace.

Space Hulk is a board game for two players, recreating the battles fought between the Space Marines and Genestealers. One player commands the Space Marines as they carry out deadly missions in the ancient Space Hulk, and the other commands the horde of Genestealers opposing them. Space Hulk's fast-paced rules simulate the tense atmosphere of a mission deep inside the cramped confines of a derelict space hulk, where split-second decisions are needed for victory.

This boxed game contains: a 23-page Rulebook, a 47-page Mission book and 35 finely-detailed, plastic Citadel miniatures, including: 11 Space Marine Terminators, one Space Marine Terminator Librarian, 22 Genestealers, and one Broodlord.

Also included are: 105 gaming counters, 24 corridors, 10 rooms, eight crossroads, eight T-junctions, six corner sections, four dead ends, four end pieces, 20 doors with plastic stands, one mission status display, and three plastic mission objectives, including: a dead Space Marine on throne, a Blood Angels artefact and a Cyber-Altered Task Unit. Plus a sand timer and five bone-coloured dice unique to this game.

Well I pre-ordered. If I change my mind I can always cancel, but can't order if it it does sell out.

I used the page source to get the larger contents picture to load, which wouldn't load in the normal zoomed view fashion for me.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m410448a_60010699001_ENSHContents_873x627.jpg[/url]

It looks like few of the rumors were true:

* No plastic board pieces - those definitely look like cardboard, even the telltail edge "punch" marks.
    * Not prepainted minis - though hard to tell, the contents minis are definitely not possessed of high detaily or matching the individual zoomed miniature colors (in the Contents view the Terminator bases are red; in individual view they are black)
    * No digital timer - it includes a sand timer

The ones that do appear to be true are:

* It was Space Hulk
    * $100 price point

Still unconfirmed:

* Scale of minis is hard to tell, some of the genestealers are clamboring around on hulk interior

First-Captain

I have ordered my 2.
    I would have preferred some 3D board action.
    I think the miniatures themselves look really nice.

In the picture what i presume is the Brood Lord, on the left on it's own, is really chunky. At first I thought it was a marine but they are all accounted for on the right.

Sorry.It's the dead Marine on Throne. Got a bit carried away.
    Last edited by energongoodie; 08-17-2009 at 01:42 AM.

The Australian GW site listed Spacehulk as being out of stock as soon as it appeared.
    Hopefully thats just a slight mess up, and not an indication of Australia not getting any copies.

Scout

my bet is that the genestealer brood lord is the one standing on top of the pile of skulls. when you look at that picture and the following one of the stealer climbing down the wall their backs are differant the first one looks like the classic version from SH 1 while the other looks like a modern mccragge/genestealer boxed set.

could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Raisty View Post
    The Australian GW site listed Spacehulk as being out of stock as soon as it appeared.
    Hopefully thats just a slight mess up, and not an indication of Australia not getting any copies.
    Raisty: They're either a bit slow with the Aussie site, or we got limited quantities and they got snapped up already. Either way, you can definitely still switch your country to US and grab it via there (which is what I just did, just in case!). =)

Looks to me like the minis are coloured plastic. So you can leave them that colour, or only paint on miner details, if that were your thing.

Battle-Brother

Oh thats just total BS!

If its limited edition it wont be supported!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by GPrime View Post
    Oh thats just total BS!

If its limited edition it wont be supported!
    What support do you want. It's a self contained board game.
    This doesn't preclude a Deathwing or Genestealer expansion some where down the line.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast