BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Space Hulk!

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by 2dØpe View Post
    well its time to say goodbye Xbox 360, Hello Space Hulk, you gorgeous sexy boardgame you
    all we need now is space hulk on the xbox 360 and ps3. come on THQ get your finger out. then we can all be happy a copy of the board game for when your mates come round. or a game of it on the console when you need th SH fix.
    i still have my copy of SH on the pc it was what made me buy a pc in the first place. i still remember the coversation with the sales assisstant.
    "can i help you sir"
    "yes i want a pc to play that game"
    "space hulk sir, no you want to play doom"
    "no i want space hulk"
    "ok sir let me see what we can do"

But the pc died and i have not played it since then still a very cool game needs up dating like they have the board game

This is not true, an Australian friend of mine ordered it from the GW-UK site and it came to 176AUD with shipping as opposed to 165AUD from GW-AU.

Quote Originally Posted by LostInTheDark View Post
    Even with the obscene postage charges it still converts to being cheaper to order it from the UK website than ordering the RRP from the Aussie site without postage.

Banned

Saw the set in my local GW today - the miniatures are beautiful, multi part and just as good as the previews make them look. The tiles and counters are around 4mm thick, so easy to pick up and the board won't curl (also why it weighs so much!).

I got to flick through the rules, and it is quite faithful to 1st ed & Deathwing:

Basic costs in APs are the same as 1st ed for moving shooting etc.

CPs can be spent in the stealer's phase, reverting back to 1st over 2nd.

Flamers affect whole rooms (6 shots - no reloading though as far as I could see).

Assault cannons only seemed to have one fire mode, can be reloaded and may malfunction. I didn't get an in-depth look.

Lightning Claws give a re-roll to the marine's assault dice (and a bonus die - may be a bit off on this).

Storm Shields give the marine the option to force the stealer to discard a dice in assault.

A new form of overwatch 'Guard' - gives the marine the ability to re-roll their dice in assault.

Sustained fire caps at 5/6, rather than 3-6, but you get the bonus in overwatch now.

The Librarian uses psi-points like in Deathwing, but also has three powers. I remember Force Dome, and I think it was Psychic Blast and The Quickening, but I'm not too sure on those two.

The Broodlord has beefier stats and can ignore the Librarians blast power.

Looking at the tile sets it seems like it has all the original pieces and the Deathwing tiles without the big rooms.

Librarian

There are new pictures up on the GW website. One of a termi holding a dead genestealer, and a termi with lightning claws. Both look increadible. Can't wait to get these models for my Blood Angels army.

There's also 2 new stealer pictures up.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    There are new pictures up on the GW website. One of a termi holding a dead genestealer, and a termi with lightning claws. Both look increadible.
    The terminator holding the dead genestealer has one of his eye lenses smashed out. I love all the little details like this on the figures. Such a shame they aren't on standard bases though.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Súil Dubh View Post
    Such a shame they aren't on standard bases though.
    Any reason they can't simply be glued onto a standard base?

Scout

I wouldn't have thought so from what we've seen; I certainly plan to.

Incidentally, has anyone noticed that the image files for the Astartes on the SH page each has a specific name? The five so far being Goriel, Claudio, Zael, Lorenzo and Noctis. Wonder if there'll be a backstory for each?

Scout

There's also a space hulk novel, it will also be released on 5 september.

think it are the names of the characters.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UnionJackal View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so from what we've seen; I certainly plan to.

Incidentally, has anyone noticed that the image files for the Astartes on the SH page each has a specific name? The five so far being Goriel, Claudio, Zael, Lorenzo and Noctis. Wonder if there'll be a backstory for each?
    I knew I was forgetting something - the mission book has a bio for at least some of the squad. I saw it open and there were six bios over two pages. Someone else was reading it at the time so I didn't bother them. The outside of the inside of the box seemed to have each trooper named though.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Saw the set in my local GW today - the miniatures are beautiful, multi part and just as good as the previews make them look. The tiles and counters are around 4mm thick, so easy to pick up and the board won't curl (also why it weighs so much!).
    My question - how big are the tiles? As soon as I saw the non-standard bases, my first thought was that these boards wouldn't be usable for modern 40mm Terminators. Is this the case?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast