BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Space Hulk!

Banned

That is the case - the tiles are the same as the 1st ed ones, just thicker (30mm x 30mm squares).

edit: This looks new: [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=3700041a"]Unboxing Space Hulk[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Súil Dubh View Post
    The terminator holding the dead genestealer has one of his eye lenses smashed out. I love all the little details like this on the figures. Such a shame they aren't on standard bases though.
    Those two new termies look absolutely amazing. Wow.

Brother-Sergeant

For anybody interested, my FLGS has 19 copies of spacehulk left for preorder. They had 20, but I put my order in.

10% off, and orders over $100 get a free paintbrush.

Full disclosure: I am an affiliate of miniwargaming.com, and if you purchase via the link I will get a kickback.

[URL="http://www.miniwargaming.com/x.php?x=ptgraham&y=http://store.miniwargaming.com/"]store.miniwargaming.com - Space Hulk Preorderl[/URL]

Great game - I am happy they are bringing it back. Since I have the game and both expansions I just have to figure out if it is worth it for the new terminators.

/M

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkanos View Post
    Any reason they can't simply be glued onto a standard base?
    From the pictures of the sprues from the "Unboxing Space Hulk" article, it looks like the bases are integral.

If you had a steady hand, a sharp knife, and a good set of files & finishing paper, I suppose you could probably "liberate" the terminators from the bases and then glue them on to normal 40mm ones to use in WH40K. Although in that case they wouldn't fit on the Space Hulk gameboard.

So I guess there's no way we can have our cake and eat it too.

Blutac to standard bases for the duration of the 40k game?

Quote Originally Posted by Súil Dubh View Post
    From the pictures of the sprues from the "Unboxing Space Hulk" article, it looks like the bases are integral.

If you had a steady hand, a sharp knife, and a good set of files & finishing paper, I suppose you could probably "liberate" the terminators from the bases and then glue them on to normal 40mm ones to use in WH40K. Although in that case they wouldn't fit on the Space Hulk gameboard.

So I guess there's no way we can have our cake and eat it too.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Blutac to standard bases for the duration of the 40k game?
    That's actually a good idea. Much less modification then magnets, and you don't have to worry about the models sticking together when they get close.

I would love to buy a copy but I am a little put off by the fact that it seems for only 2 players. Aren't board games supposed to be for several people?

Does anyone know if it can be expanded with more minis because I have a number of non-40k friends and family I would want to rope into playing this game

Otherwise $100 bucks does not seem worth it to me for something you can only do with 2 players

I seem to remember playing SH with my brothers, with the genestealers split up into little groups and the SMs split into squads, whether or not its supported in the new rules is more than I know but it shouldn't be too difficult to work around.

Quote Originally Posted by tengu View Post
    I would love to buy a copy but I am a little put off by the fact that it seems for only 2 players. Aren't board games supposed to be for several people?

Does anyone know if it can be expanded with more minis because I have a number of non-40k friends and family I would want to rope into playing this game

Otherwise $100 bucks does not seem worth it to me for something you can only do with 2 players

If anyone is thinking of gluing them to 40mm bases I wouldn't, the only way to get them to fit onto the board is to zig zag them, it also becomes unclear which square they're on. I was playing with my Deathwing models in first edition a week or two ago
    http://www.the-vanus-temple.com

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast