BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Mistress of Mayhem

Default BATTLE REPORT THREAD: Thousand Sons vs Death Guard (1/30/2018)

Thousand Sons

Exalted Sorcerer on Disc, w/ inferno bolt pistol and force stave -141

Exalted Sorcerer w/ inferno bolt pistol and force stave -121

10x Tzaangors w/chainsword and auto pistol – 70

10x Rubric Marines w/ 8x warpflamers, 1x warpflame pistol, 1x force stave 1x soul reaper cannon, icon of Flame- 335
    10x Rubric Marines w/ 8x inferno boltgun, 1x inferno bolt pistol, 1x force stave 1x soul reaper cannon, icon of Flame- 225
    Magnus The Red – 445

Heldrake – 180
    Rhino w/ combi- bolter and havoc launcher – 83
    1740 6/6 cps
    Death Guard

Mortarion – 470

Lord of Contagion – Plaguereaper – 150

Malignant Plaguecaster – 110

Biologus Putrifier – 74

15x Plague Marines, Powerfist champion, 2x meltaguns, Icon of Despair – 341

18x Poxwalkers – 108

18x Cultists – 72

3x Myphitic Blight Hauler – 426

1751 6/6 cp
    Twitch and Cosplay inquiries: [email protected]

I still think that Larry should have attempted to get into close combat with Magnus on Turn 1, even if it meant leaving the screen units behind for a turn. Getting the charge with those heavy hitters is pretty important and worth the risk.

Also - I can't recall Morty making any shooting attacks with his pistol. I spent a good portion of the stream today distracted so I may have missed his shots

Lastly - Heldrakes. they are much more than a flamethrower with wings; the baleflamer is sort of secondary if still very useful. As a harassment unit, they are extremely good and that's their real strength.
    You should have it so it hits its first target in CC 1 turn ahead of the rest of your dudes. Use it to charge in and tie up non-flying vehicles or some alpha striking unit you don't want to get charged by and/or use it to soften up and then eat overwatch before you charge in your own troops into whatever unit.
    Alternatively, you can use it to either smack up enemy fliers in CC (with a +1 to hit them, woohoo!) or as a character screen (NB: If you do this last one - don't tell Navaren )

Anyways - good win Matt!
    I didn't go to the LVO but I'm still a reasonably OK-ish person.

Veteran-Sergeant

Actually, thinking back, I'm pretty sure Morty didn't fire the Lantern while we were fighting. It is a pistol after all. But he did fire it first turn.

I should have Magnus smited Morty in turn 2 to get some extra damage in, instead of the other powers I used. Speaking of, we both totally forgot that Magnus was -1 to be hit. So Morty should have hit on 3+. Also, I had a 3+ invuln. So..... Magnus should have taken way less damage.

I put the heldrake into the wrong bad guys. Those bloatdrones are a lost cause to try and take down with anything less than like, lascannons. The drake totally shined when he killed the choas lord in one baleflame attack. Which, to be fair, I got lucky, but still. AP2 2D is brutal on single models. The claws were also really good but didn't do much against the bloatdrones. I don't remember if this was on stream or not, but Abe was talking about how mid-range units are in a weird spot. Like, you take powerful units to do the killing and hordes of mooks to score objectives. Mid-range units don't have much of a focused goal on what they should be doing. I think the Heldrake is very much in that area. Regardless, it's a fun unit and the idea of getting to attack a fighter jet with a dragon is too good to pass up.

- - - Updated - - -

also not considering that I should have saved my last 2 CP to counteroffensive with Maggie instead of gargoyling was a very dumb mistake. Bwomp bwomp.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.