BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Are Chariots worth while?

Are chariots worth fielding in 8th edition, particularly High Elf chariots?

They have a nice stat line and impact hits are fun too, but without any sort of rank bonus or other long term survival option it doesn't seem like they stand much of a chance. I could be wrong and most likely am misusing them.

Any thoughts, or suggestions?

-Goresmack

Quote Originally Posted by Goresmack View Post
    Are chariots worth fielding in 8th edition, particularly High Elf chariots?

They have a nice stat line and impact hits are fun too, but without any sort of rank bonus or other long term survival option it doesn't seem like they stand much of a chance. I could be wrong and most likely am misusing them.

Any thoughts, or suggestions?

-Goresmack
    I think HE chariots are as good as they used to be. They gained some survivability now that they are not destroyed by STR7 automatically anymore. Granted, two of them will unlikely break a block of infantry anymore but they are excellent support for your blocks. I don't usually use them, favouring instead a large unit of dragon princes in place of two lion chariots, but I certainly think they're solid.

I personally would vote for cold one chariot. You just can not beat what it comes with for a mere 100pts.

Brother-Sergeant

Default some are...

High Elf Chariots and Black Coaches are probably the best ones

I disagree greenstuff.
    1 cost
    2 army slots
    3 ability to perfom
    4 number avaible (high elves can have more, this I will give to you, but undead can only have 2)
    For the cost and the roles they are to play I would take DE chariots over any of the others you listed hands down.

Scout

Please correct me if i'm wrong but what about Tomb King chariots as from what I can remember they were in units of about 3

Veteran-Sergeant

The problem with DE chariots is that they're stupid.
    As in they have stupidity, not stupid dumb. LOL
    For some reason my cold ones just hate me. I ALWAYS fail the stupid check at least once a game (usually more) and at exactly the most inoportune time too.

So color me jaded, but I hate cold ones. Especially DE knights.
    That 1 attack is so lame.

Initiate

I think for the Points, the High Elf Tiranoc Chariots are the best, at only 85 points and still handing out S5 impact hits, its great for supporting the charge, lion chariots are good, but at 140 points, they are a bit points heavy and not to mention how much faster Tiranocs are at M9! Sure, the crew and horses arent as good as the lions or cold ones, but they arent supposed to be!

Unhappy

My biggest problem with chariots is that they are now the slowest unit in the game. Only dwarves do not equal or exceed their speed on the march. They are so fragile and now so SLOOOW.

Veteran-Sergeant

Chariots are an all or nothing proposition. Either you max them out and run them in a formation where you multi-charge and blow people up, or don't bring them at all. Chariots are not good support units, so don't use them as such.

Either chariots are your main plan, or they aren't in your plans.
    http://nike40k.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast