BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Chariots are an all or nothing proposition. Either you max them out and run them in a formation where you multi-charge and blow people up, or don't bring them at all. Chariots are not good support units, so don't use them as such.

Either chariots are your main plan, or they aren't in your plans.
    Depends on how you use them.

I would definitely advise them as support units. Against standard infantry, impact hits are almost a sure way of getting a few extra kills for combat resolution. As a single chariot, the support role is not advised, but i suggest running them always in pairs.

I run two lion chariots and love them.

Have finished off 30 dark elf spearmen no problem. And thats the key. Target priority. Everyone watching the game was shocked i didn't charge the black guard unit that was crying out for the charge. But i knew that although i might take out the same amount of models, the risk of damage coming back was higher. The spearmen on the other hand were like paper. Strength 3 vs toughness 4 is always a nice bonus. Punched straight through the unit and took 1 wound. I let my swordmasters deal with the blackguard.

Chariots are definitely worth while, especially cheap ones. The cold one chariot !!!!!

WHAT A BARGAIN, even if it is stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

It seems everyone has failed to see the greatest point of having chariots... THEY'RE AWESOME!
    Whats not to like about simply smashing your way through otherwise diciplined ranks of troops?
    Spelling errors are free of charge...

Veteran-Sergeant

I think that maybe O&G have the best chariots. Goblin Wolf Chariots are 60 points each and they have M9, same as the Tiranc chariot, S5 with scything wheels and you can get a third wolf and fourth goblin on it for a measly three points each. The boar chariots aren't bad either for 80 points.
    Saving best for last is the snottling pump wagon at 40 points.

Chariots are a useful unit to have in an army. They make good deterrent/counter charge unit, an flank open to them is going to cause some hurt, and the sneaky part is that they can be used to charge down units broken in combat. Not to mention that they are an additional unit to place during deployment, making your opponent reveal their battle plan/hiding your own battle plan.

Battle-Brother

I'm currently contemplating leaving behind my griffon so my general would be on foot, but with the 200 points, I could field 2 Tiranoc Chariots and 30 points elsewhere; although, I've yet to use chariots in a game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12