BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Fly Lord

Default Tomb Kings Rumors

Via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4583367&postcount=1"]Warseer[/URL], here's the latest roundup:

Characters:

New rules:

Skeleton Units (Archers, Warriors, Chariots, Light Cavalry, Sand Stalkers, Tomb Guard) can march within 12” of general, 6” of Tomb Prince

Constructs, divinely blessed (Ushbati, Tomb Scorpion, Maidens of the Gods, Bone Giants) can march within 12” of the hierophant and 6” of a liche priest

Tomb Prince cannot use movement spell anymore, only strike more one

Premise seems to be basically means tomb king armies movement won’t be so restricted by magic. So if you don’t want to go magic heavy, or first anti-magic armies you can still actually move. This means more spells going off to strategically place units, heal wounded models. The actual mechanisms of TK magic doesn’t seem to be changing much

Apparently the “curse” will hit lighter with tomb princes

Apparently the “roc” is a giant vulture, which can be chosen as a mount for someone in list

Rumours of some sort of warrior priest, like the empire ones – can cast cheap bound spells from a different list. Meant to enhance units + decent profile. Apparently enhances the maidens unit

Core

Skeleton Warriors

Skeletons becoming 6 points WITH light armour, shield, hand weapon

Can be armed with a Khepesh or spear

Khepesh increases the bonus from wielding a hand weapon and shield to +2 Armour save. Basically skeletons using hand weapons and shield can get 3+ armour save in combat

Full Command now only +15 points

Seems like games-workshop wants 1. Some tasty new things to model – although not sure why this weapon gives better armour 2. Actually promote using large blocks of skeletons. Skeletons are great since they never flee, but die so easily and suck at combat. 3+ armour save in combat is a great start for using these guys more, at much cheaper points.

Skeletons Archers

Skeleton Archers are now 0-20 units, cost 7 points, and can be giving poisoned arrows for a large points increase

Skeleton Archers have war memories ability (don’t think it is actually called this, but I’m going to call it that)

Skeleton Archers may select the “stand and shoot” reaction, even though undead can generally only select the hold reaction

Toning down use of these guys are large blocks on infantry and more at flankers, skirmish hunters. Bout time they can stand and shoot

Light Cavalry

Light Cavalry only 12 points now and have war memories ability

Light cavalry may select the “flee reaction” even though undead can generally only select the “hold reaction”. They automatically rally after making a flee reaction next turn.

This seems a bit, dunno if it makes sense, maybe it actually means something else

Haven’t heard anything definite about whats happens to heavy cavalry

Chariots

No change it seems generally – still light flanking units

Tomb Guard

Can take either great weapons OR hand weapon, shield and Khepesh
    Same rules otherwise – apparently mebbe an extra bonus when the tomb king is in the unit

Maidens of the Gods

Unit of Khalida’s. 2 Attacks, poison, regenerate, 5+ ward save, 2 hand weapons
    Only strength 3, toughness 4 though.

Basically mass attacking special unit vs hard hitting tomb guard unit it seems. Good against lightly armoured armies?

Ushabti

4+ Armor save, 5+ ward save, otherwise same. Would’ve liked toughness 5, seems GW wants to emphasise low toughness, light armour in the army still

Tomb Scorpion

NOT getting 5 wounds, slight points increase, seems liche priest in the scorpions body means it can always march – which is good since there doesn’t seem any rule change for the “from below”

Carrion

Same it seems – doesn’t look like the roc (giant vulture) can be added, its in the mount section it seems

Sand Stalkers

Scouting Skeletons, poisoned weapons and bows, 4+ save against shooting (mirage or something – desert sands or something I dunno), war memories (stand and shoot)

Thought carrion and scorpions did a pretty good job, I still like the concept

Rare:

Bone Giant

Cheaper, 2+ armor save (can take shield for 1+), two hand weapons or a bow

More like 200 points now – 1+ doesn’t seem like “lightly armoured” but oh well

Screaming Skull Catapults

Same

Casket of Souls

3 Abilities:

1. Old shooting attack at one unit
    2. Soul Well: Elect a point in line of sight – that point causes terror till the beginning of next tomb king players go
    3. Malediction of the Eternal: Unit Cannot shoot, if it fails ld test cannot move either
    Still causes terror, -1 to wizards on battlefield

Obelisk of Light

3 Abilities

1. Ward of the Gods: gives 5+ ward save to a unit
    2. Radiance of the Heavens: gives a unit +1 attack with magical, flaming attacks
    3. Light of the Sky: Units must pass leadership test to direct magical missiles, shooting at unit

+1 to incantation rolls of the priest directing obelisk

Sphinx:

May fly, magical breath attack, 4 wounds, only strength 5, 5+ ward save, magical resistance (2), units need to pass leadership test or be unable to attack it – transfixing or something

This all clearly needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but apparently this is the general gist of how the list is going. Still haven’t heard heaps about some crucial things

1. Will heavy chariots appear
    2. Magic items
    3. Is the magic phase definitely going to be the same system
    4. If auto-break is been changed in 8th edition, how much will it impact on an army that often relied on this to be effective.

I’m not going into what I heard about special characters but the general themes seemed to be:

1. Dude on a flying chariot
    2. Assassin hunting down those who wronged the TK – swore to the gods to hunt them down – something about nagash
    3. Stretta and Khalida are back
    4. High Liche Priest riding giant flaming vulture from the underworld

Standard grains of salt to be taken...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Battle-Brother

I'm not intending to be rude Bigred, but I have to ask whether you checked the date of that post? It's from 17-04-2010. That's quite a while ago; the date seem sobvious when tou read this line

If auto-break is been changed in 8th edition, how much will it impact on an army that often relied on this to be effective.
    which is obviously written before 8th edition was released.

I had a quick scan through the last few pages of the thread looking for more recent rumours, but couldn't see anything. Perhaps if someone with more time could do that?

Quote Originally Posted by lordbubonicus View Post
    I'm not intending to be rude Bigred, but I have to ask whether you checked the date of that post? It's from 17-04-2010. That's quite a while ago; the date seem sobvious when tou read this line

which is obviously written before 8th edition was released.

I had a quick scan through the last few pages of the thread looking for more recent rumours, but couldn't see anything. Perhaps if someone with more time could do that?
    Yes, you are correct. Not only are these rumors very old, they've already been proven to be wishlisting.
    As far as up-to-date rumors for tomb kings, the best news is that the book and models have been worked on and release COULD be ready before spring next year. No specifics out quite yet but it seems O&G will be released before TK, and perhaps another army as well.
    http://warhammermusings.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

The Khepesh / Shield combo won't give +2 to the armour anymore, it'll have to be something else - 5+ parry maybe?
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator K82 View Post
    The Khepesh / Shield combo won't give +2 to the armour anymore, it'll have to be something else - 5+ parry maybe?
    There won't be anything like that, ALL of those rumours are wishlisting. ALL of them are false. If you read through the nearly 60 pages on warseer about this, you'll find that the only thing people actually KNOW is that there is a TK book coming sometime in the future.
    http://warhammermusings.blogspot.com/

man i like the sound of high priest on flaming vulture, obelisk of light, sphinx and maidens- pls be true

also damn gw for not doing anything with tk earlier