BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Mistress of Mayhem

Default AoS BATTLE REPORT THREAD: Daughters of Khaine vs Khorne (2/26/2018)

Daughters of Khaine & Friends

Morathi

5x Bloodstalkers

5x Khinerai Heartrenders

Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood

Hag Queen

10 Witch Aelfs

10 Witch Aelfs

5x Drakespawn Knights

20x Dreadspears

20x Darkshards

10x Darkshards

1970pts

Blades of Khorne

Bloodthirster of Unfettered fury

Bloodmaster, Herald

Bloodmaster, Herald

Slaughter Priest

20 Bloodletters

20 Bloodletters

6x Bloodcrushers

2x Skullcannons

40x Bloodreavers

Bloodsecrator

1970pts
    Twitch and Cosplay inquiries: [email protected]

Veteran-Sergeant

oh man, super close game. came down to my rolling a 3 on burning that objective lol

but couple notes.

Morathi is still nuts and never won't be nuts. I re-read the rules and I'm pretty certain you can deal 6 damage total per battle round. Adam seemed certain that it was 3 per battle round but I think he's wrong. Either way, she still nutzo buttzo.

I should have kept my heartrenders (?) up on the portal hill to get a few shots off per turn and hope for some free mortal wounds. I was too in the mindset of 40k where shooting is prevalent. Khorne had 2 guns and they probably wouldn't have been shooting at my heartrenders sitting on an objective. But maybe they would? Because damage spills over 1 lucky shot from one skull cannon could have wiped out the squad. I guess overall, keeping them back there hidden was the safe option.

I think I did a good job of keeping pressure where I needed to to make sure Adam couldn't push up where I didn't want him, even though he was pushing a lot. Keeping my witch aelves up and in the bloodletters face slowed them down and because one survived thanks to the witches' brew he wasn't able to charge my dark shards. But even if he did, I made sure to keep them spaced in such a way that he wouldn't be able to push onto the objective, even if he wiped them all out.

The harpies failed overall. But they are meant to be a strike unit. Because of how the blood rites work, they do way better if you drop them in Turn 3 and they get to reroll hits and wounds of 1. Or even try to move them up near a hag queen for more witches' brew action. That stuff is nasty.

Overall, though, really good game. Super close, came down to a few lucky dice rolls.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.