BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Just remember that one unit can't deploy in another's dedicated transport. You can start the berserkers right behind the terminators' Land Raider, and then on turn 1 mount up and drive off, which is almost the same thing. Not quite, though, as it potentially leaves the troops you intend to put into the transport exposed for one round of shooting.
    Right. I knew you couldn't do that. I just thought you had to deploy the unit it was dedicated to inside of it. Now that things have been clarified I should be able to employ my strategy, if not better, faster.
    Last edited by AsgeirArnald; 08-17-2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling

you could take 3 land raiders and 3 other heavy support but would you really want to. imperial land raiders are a shack proposition made competitive primarily by the amazingness of th/ss terminators and PotMS. while i know chaos land raiders are cheaper they are far from a good deal. here duel role as a transport and a firebase means they will always have to compromise one for the other. combine this with the prevalence of melta and there price tag becomes a huge liability

I agree. I used a Chaos Land Raider in my first round 'Ard Boyz list. It was supposed to be a Transport for my Berzerker squad, but I needed it as an Anti-Tank firebase, so the Berzerkers ended up walking instead. I think that a Predator or antoher unit of Obliterators would serve me better for the points.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12