BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor S. View Post
    Well, my attitude says if the prospective user is not willing to accept such a small "hurdle", he won't be willing to learn the rules either, so no loss
    I'm just going to point out that while the 40k doesn't really need new editors, the fantasy side really does need it.

Sorry.

Somebody who is not willing to put a minimal effort into a registration form will never be an editor worth bothering, not for Fantasy, not for anything else.

I just manually checked 40 (!) new account requests. And I approved ONE - ONE SINGLE ONE. And that one did not fill out the "additional notes" field, so even that one might be a spammer. So really why should I waste precious time if almost all these requests could have been stopped dead in their tracks and would not have made it onto my control board? There is really no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor S. View Post
    Somebody who is not willing to put a minimal effort into a registration form will never be an editor worth bothering, not for Fantasy, not for anything else.

I just manually checked 40 (!) new account requests. And I approved ONE - ONE SINGLE ONE. And that one did not fill out the "additional notes" field, so even that one might be a spammer. So really why should I waste precious time if almost all these requests could have been stopped dead in their tracks and would not have made it onto my control board? There is really no reason.
    As I've mentioned before 40k Lexi and the Fantasy Lexi have different amounts of active users. The Fantasy side is much more desperate in need of editors than the 40k side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
    As I've mentioned before 40k Lexi and the Fantasy Lexi have different amounts of active users. The Fantasy side is much more desperate in need of editors than the 40k side.
    And as I said before: Somebody who is put off by a ridiculous "hurdle" the height of an anti-ant fence can never be an editor, no matter how desperate the need as they will never be able to withstand the ENORMOUS psychological pressure of actually having to follow Lexicanum rules. Just imagine the first time somebody points out to them they will have to *gasp* source an article or - Emperor forbids - point out a spelling mistake! They will immediately open their window and jump, hurling abuse at the world for how injust and ridiculously high the hurdles for editing are! We cannot possibly take that responsability

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345