BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

The English one, yes.

I've been accepting most people even if I suspect they are spammers(rejected two that called themselves something like Payday Express or something). So far none of them made any kind of edit.

Any news on how long it will take to fix the bugs?

Out of 9 new account requests I blocked 7 because they were spambots (all from Russian IPs and/ or Russian mail addresses), 1 is on hold because I can not read Chinese and it is potentially fishy and 1 was approved because it seemed legitimate.

Since BoLS is already blocking whole other countries from the Post-Soviet Space, why not block Russia, too, as (almost) all spam bots in the Lexicanum originate there?

Out of 6 new account requests 1 was approved, 4 spambots from Russia and 1 from Poland were blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor S. View Post
    Out of 9 new account requests I blocked 7 because they were spambots (all from Russian IPs and/ or Russian mail addresses), 1 is on hold because I can not read Chinese and it is potentially fishy and 1 was approved because it seemed legitimate.

Since BoLS is already blocking whole other countries from the Post-Soviet Space, why not block Russia, too, as (almost) all spam bots in the Lexicanum originate there?
    I don't think we should block peoples from an entire country just because of a few spammers. Besides I've been accepting what are most likely spammers and they haven't done a single spam so far. There seems to be something that's blocking spammers from spamming, and whatever it is it works.

What I would like to know is when are the bugs are going to fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
    I don't think we should block peoples from an entire country just because of a few spammers.
    As it has been done before, I do not really see a reason why it should not be done again.

Besides I've been accepting what are most likely spammers and they haven't done a single spam so far. There seems to be something that's blocking spammers from spamming, and whatever it is it works.
    Not necessarily. Spambots (much as other malicious hostile takeovers) can be dormant until activated. And then boom, you have a hurrican of destruction that is much more difficult to contain. Happened before.

As it has been done before, I do not really see a reason why it should not be done again.

Not necessarily. Spambots (much as other malicious hostile takeovers) can be dormant until activated. And then boom, you have a hurrican of destruction that is much more difficult to contain. Happened before.
    Wasn't that because of Sanctions? Still blocking entire countries because of spammers is not helpful. It would be far more helpful fixing everything else first.

I considered that possibility, but we really need more people. I was only banning the really obvious spammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
    Wasn't that because of Sanctions?
    I wouldn't know what sanctions that would have been.

I considered that possibility, but we really need more people. I was only banning the really obvious spammer.
    I always cross-check submitted e-mail adresses with google. If the name or adress turns up on spam warning websites, that is it for that account.

I wouldn't know what sanctions that would have been.

I always cross-check submitted e-mail adresses with google. If the name or adress turns up on spam warning websites, that is it for that account.
    People from Ukraine can't get in on Lexicanum because of Crimea-related sanctions or something.

I guess I could at least do that.

Any news on solutions for the bugs and the splitting of the Fantasy Lexicanum.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast