BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Half-assed painting: Why? WHY?!

This isn't the first time I've seen this. I've come across many "dipped" models, and it always seems to be in the same shade of red.

Why even bother if this is all they're going to do? Seriously. Makes me want to slap these people.

Because there lazy idiots who want to have "painted" models.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Trougedoor122 View Post
    Because there lazy idiots who want to have "painted" models.
    Yeah, I understand that, but... ugh, there's just no effort at all, you know?

It's a canker in the hobby that needs to be quelled.

Brother-Sergeant

You sure that's not just primed with the old Blood Red primer? I have a can myself.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DuskRaider View Post
    You sure that's not just primed with the old Blood Red primer? I have a can myself.
    To be honest, I have no idea. I can only hope it's primer. I've seen wayyy too many of these.

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah, could be they primed it but haven't painted it yet. I seems to be primer, since you can see it chipped in a few places.

Heck, check out some of the "propainted" models on ebay sometime. Some are far from "pro" level. I know some people that really put alot of time and effort into their models and come out with pretty bad results. But, you know what? They are having fun.....and isn't that what the hobby is all about?

I used to have a customer that hated to paint but, he loved to play.He bought an Catachan army and base coated the whole army Catachan Green. He then applied a Dark Green Ink and dry brushed a little and he was done. His army looked like green army men.

I had another customer that did a kind of "marble" paint scheme to every one of his armies. He too, liked to play and looked at painting as a chore. The painting end of the hobby is not for everyone.
    http://crazyredpraetorian.blogspot.com/
    http://theflylordsofterra.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

that definitely looks like the old blood red prime, although that almost makes it worst cause its primed the blood angels color and used to help get blood angels done quicker.

Brother-Sergeant

That "pro level" crap on eBay is ridiculous.

Painting does come off as a bit of a chore when its required to play. I'm not a particularly good painter, but I've grown to enjoy it as I've started learning techniques that both speed up my work and raise the quality of it.
    Dipping is a total shame though. They could at least make the effort....
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast