BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default 40K MMO playable races and other stuff

Just found out about this stuff.
    [url]http://mmofocus.se/index.php/2010/02/19/warhammer-40k-online/[/url]
    ”From THQ private company conference of 20th january concerning E3 presentation plan:
    Playable factions:
    - Imperium
    - Eldar
    - Orks
    - Chaos
    Features:
    - Focus both on Melee and Long range Combat
    - covering system
    - 29 Zones (21 claimable, 8 invadeable)
    - Open-World
    - PvP around resource gathering and taking strategic points
    - center zone features a conquerable stronghold
    - No playable Tanks or other Warmachines at release but implemented possibility for expansion
    - Tyranids as full fighting PvE-Faction
    Lore (being discussed concerning certain faction-plots at the moment but here are the things we determined with Games Workshop so far):
    - Game takes place in the southern border-sectors of Segmentum Tempestus
    - Factions fight over a destroyed imperial forge world called Tarelis and its hive-city Cerberus X (newly added to the lore!)
    - The story of the game will NOT take place in a parallel universe! Just like the Planet Kronus (made by our colleagues at relic) Tarelis will be part of the lore!
    - Tyranids will be main-antagonists
    - Unfortunately Vigil-games was not allowed to use Relics Gorgutz ‘Ead ‘Unter as Ork Warlord as he will make a final appearance in the second DoW2 expansion
    Costs:
    - 49.99$
    Monthly fee:
    - being discussed but most likely around 13$
    Rating:
    - targeted Teen/PEGI 16
    Fully revealed at E3 2010.”
    Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 03-06-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Abbess Sanctorum

"Imperium" is so vague... I so want Sisters of Battle and Imperial Guard alongside Space Marines, whom aren't properly Imperial anyway.

Ditto, but yay for Eldar. I'd rather have SM kept as some kind of hero class, ala Death Knight in WoW (only better done, preferably). Work up a suitable reputation as a Guardsmen or a SoB or what have you, and you can open up a SM slot. That won't happen of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    "Imperium" is so vague... I so want Sisters of Battle and Imperial Guard alongside Space Marines, whom aren't properly Imperial anyway.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Although SoB should be there i doubt they will be, they just aren't as popular as some of the others such as well, everything really.. at my local store the favourites are either one of the chapter codex's (Ba/Da/Wolves) Orks's or Guard
    As it is i dont think they should put SM in it at all since they are well.. awesome
    I hope the combat was better done than warhammer online.. that game just sucked for me.
    I might pick up the game but so far it aint doing much for me . . and if there's a monthly fee i mightn't bother at all

Abbess Sanctorum

I think they will be in order to provide a bit of male / female balance. Almost all developers do this, even if they do have male only or female only classes.

yes but what will they be the counterparts OF?
    Guard don't have power armour
    SM as far as i know don't have women..
    its likely that there will simply be Female guardswomen instead :P

Abbess Sanctorum

In the common conception, despite how wrong it is when you look at the actual fluff, the Sisters of Battle are the female equivalent of Space Marines.

Yeah but.. its just confusing >.<
    Also wondering how they scale each race.. SM are going to be better than IG in every single way so why roll guard over SM ever?
    As it is im going to the closest counterpart to a warlock they have, and then after i explode my own head ill roll an iggie
    (If there is ever a chance of exploding my own head, it happens >.< my brave little gobbos have rolled double ones followed by double ones 4 times so far.. and i rarely even use them!)

Abbess Sanctorum

You're assuming that they are going to be completely accurate to fluff.

Yeah i know they won't . . but how would they equalise SM?
    Orks can be done with guns being crap
    Eldar would be weak
    just interested how they deal with it..
    < Also SoB are always referred to as guardsmen in power armour at my local store..>
    Also i can see expansions opening up new races :P like "<fancy name> the coming of the tau, <Fancy name> The awakening of the necrons..
    Any screenshots of the game yet? or concept art?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast