So basically I am a 7 year 40k player and have decided to maybe start a fantasy army.

I have always been a dark eldar player for the VAST MAJORITY of my games but I have kind of fallen for horde orks in the past few months...

anyways I was looking at the new Dark elf models (black dragon and sorceress) and they are nice, same thing with the new vampire counts (The wraith, banshee, and zombie dragon are sweet) models so I want to know are either of those 2 a good starting place for a guy who has never played a game of fantasy in his life? What about skaven or lizardmen (I play lizardmen in blood bowl but know nothing about the fantasy team)

People say demons are still broken? What do they mean and how bad is it?

they also talk about tiers, but say the difference between the top tier and and the next tier down is bigger than the drop off from wolves to the old demonhunters codex...is it really that bad? What do they mean?

how does magic work? Is there still an element to the hero hammer people talked about in 7th?

whats special about fantasy compared to 40k?

In my area ive seen a lot of people drop fantasy completely and move to hordes and warmachine, is the game bad or did it change so much that it pissed off player or was it just the people playing hero hammer?

So basically I know nothing about the game and before i invest 600 bucks I want to know what i am getting into.

sites with info would be appreciated too

Thanks for any help