If all goes according to plan I'll get to enjoy a battle in about 3 weeks. Normally I'm lucky to see 3 games a year. So I'm looking forward to this.

It'll be a three way battle but I insist that the two opponents team up. They'll be bringing Chaos. And it'll be a huge Apocalypse scale fight. Both of these guys have well over 10,000 points in their armies. Closer to about 14,000 apiece. Meanwhile my two armies each have roughly 8,000 points. This wouldn't be the first time I've fought battles like this. And I always tend to do very well or win. The only problem is I've only fought against Chaos one time. And much less than I'll be facing now.

As for me I'll be using my beloved Imperial Guard. Normally I make up the points deficit by adding some of my Black Templars to the mix. However, in my last battle I opted to only go with the Guard. Against an army twice its size in points. And I won effortlessly.

But now I feel I'm in some real need of tactical advice. So I'm asking for it.

My army includes pretty much enough tanks (various LR patterns) to field a tank company. It also has 3 Basilisks, a Baneblade, 6 sentinels, and now a Manticore which I've never used. Also there are 4 Chimeras, "Frankentank" and 1 single Valkyrie. I really need Manticore advice please! How best to use it?

As for troops it has two undersized infantry platoons. One Cadian, the other Krieg. And I have 3 veteran squads. Still I have lots of heavy weapon teams. I have plenty of squads for scoring units but being the Guard they don't hold up to hand to hand well. The Kiregsmen do better with an improved weapon skills. I can also pitch 4 squads of Stormtroopers and 4 squads of Grenadiers in. Oh, and I have Yarrick leading some Ogryns.

My opponents will be daemon heavy. And according to them they can get onto me in the first turn. So what are good IG tactics with an army like mine against Chaos?