I do agree with that. Nobody beats them when it comes to the quality of mass produced models. And there's so many examples of this. Such as the Dreadnought models. I don't know about Finecast as I've yet to acquire any. When and if I ever do my long dreamed of Dark Eldar army I will know.

However, there are some who make as good, and sometimes better models on a smaller scale. Reaper makes some lovely models. In particular their female ones. And there was a game called "Confrontation" by Rackham (I think) which had some superb models.

But in the end...

The best thing about Games Workshop is they encourage us to do with our models as we please. They give us a lot of freedom to make the army we want. And how we want to it to look. Their rules pertaining to appearance are minimal. I only wish they'd reinstate doctrines and chapter traits to further personalize an army. Still, a savvy player with extensive knowledge of his codex can tweak it a bit to get a little something more personal out of the existing choices.