BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Default Rumours: What's next

From WArseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey View Post
    So my snitches have passed along a few bits.

Up next for 40k sounds like may timeframe for a chaos codex. Rumored to expand upon 4 major legions.

New plastics

Chaos dread.

New plastic raptors

New plastic plague bearers

New character sculpts, not sure if abaddon is included...

I think most if not all of this has been mentioned before.

On top of this, I'm hearing there will be a few blister releases for other armies between now and summer. Even with WFB likely to take the spotlight in April, I'm being told to expect 2-3 blisters for 40k.

Likely candidates include missing characters for Nids, Necrons, DE. All of which have sculpts ready.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Jet
    Since you are here I would like to ask you one question again. What was this Tyranid thingy you interpreted as a Tyrannofex. The Creature who didn't look at all like the Tervigon (Since the Tyrannofex turned out to be almost the exact same thing, this leaves a couple of questions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
    That, my friend, is the million dollar question...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
    Enough idle wish listing, though. I've got another bit on the rb/starter. Not sure where this fits, but I've got some new info on "emplacements" (their word) being part of 6th and a kit (or kits) being developed. No other details. could be another bastion style model. Could be something else entirely. One rumor I'm hearing consistently is that the amount of effort being put into cranking out fantasy terrain is getting focused towards 40k to show it some more love.

I do expect 2 codex updates by year end, even with the 6ed release tossed in the year.
    Last edited by eldargal; 02-28-2012 at 01:37 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!