BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Chapter-Master

Default 6th Ed Content Rumours

OK so a roundabout way of posting rumours but....

Bell of Lost Souls page on Facebook just posted this;

All the birds are starting to chirp regarding 40k 6th.

-Expect to see many of the features of the WFB 8th Edition Magic phase coming to 40k. Psychers will function VERY differently than they do now.
    No source, no anything just that. I don't even know who actually runs the BOLS facebook page. Is it BigRed or one of the others?

ANyway..this rumour ^^

I f***ing hate. It sounds awful. Current powers work fine, I don't want pools for casting and dispelling. Games being lost cos you rolled badly on your for your pool. I'm guessing a "miscast" would become a Perils test. And then this is just going to shaft non-physic races like DE, Tau .... even Orks and Nids. Re-writting every codex to give them new physic defences. And then rewritten to rebalence every bit of physic wargear...particularly the Eldar and Nids stuff.

Of all the things to carry across from Fantasy....why this?

Update - From BoLS front page

Many of the general concepts from magic from Warhammer Fantasy are coming to Warhammer 40,000.
    -There will be "lore equivalents"
    -Psychic powers will be generated randomly by psykers (like fantasy)
    -Entirely new rules for constructing army lists (~Look at Fantasy for hints)
    -The FOC may be history
    The news on physic powers get worse, maybe not getting pools, but randomly generated powers? From lore trees? Do the Eldar share the same physic powers as the Orks and Deamons now? This is bull***t.

The FoC i soculd maybe got on baord with. But not this. This smacks of someone who played a few too many games of storm of magic and decided "you know what 40k needs? Less tactics and more random crap messing everything up!"

Update 2! From Faeit 212

Via Grant
    Hey mates,
    All the stuff in this link is 100% the real deal. ( Ive posted it below)

As far as 6th ed...
    I will also add that vehicles use "hull points" in 6th. If a vehicle has 3 hull points it will die after 3 shaken results, but it can still explode after 1 shot as normal.

All cc weapons have AP values in 6th similar to what was in the fake 6th ed rule book leak.
    There are going to be no different levels of Eternal Warrior either.

Cheers,
    Grant
    Last edited by DrLove42; 04-29-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/