BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Default Vulcan Mega Spank TOURNEY 1750

Vulcan Get Sum Balanced TOURNEY variant 1750 w/ 1730 used

Codex SM

Most default weapons not listed.

1. HQ attached to asslt termies in Crusader Redeemer
    2. Whirlwind hvy ordinance barrage support using incendiary or vengeance rounds
    3. If going to 2000...In addition to other things, I would get a much needed librarian in there to help thwart the dual lash and dual council cheeze fest.
    4. land Speeders to block enemy movement or intercept units trying to attack ordinance support.
    5. WWs can be swaped for preds if you must have preds. Or another TAC... or a Scout squad w/wo Telion
    6. TACs will split on deployment if warranted.
    7. Remember all meltas and flamers converted to TL by having Vulcan. He dies, they stay TL.
    8. All models in Vulcan's close combat unit (including Vulcan) have 3+ inv save and 2+ Armor save.

VS:

Nids:
    Since no Sternguard insta nid poppers, use the plentiful flame on masses and melta on large.

Orks:
    Same as Nids but kill thier open topped trans first.

Necrons:
    Let em trudge towards you and blow em away as per sop. Avoid CC with asslt termies and pariahs. Ignore monolith (s). But then again your melta is supreme so smoke them if you want.

Chaos:
    Jeez, too much enemy flexibility here with all the excellent Chaos troop choices available. Ordinance the Obliterators, flame the berserkers, Twin link melta the transports and armor. As far as the cheezy twin lash? You will need a librarian to get that juicy 50% enemy psi failure. Other than that .. well its a ***** for anyone to stop dual lash. If I was building 2000 pt I would get the defensive librarian and Sgt Telion w/ cloaked scouts so I could choose what model takes his wounds. The wounds would go directly on that bike/winged HQ, ignoring his pals.

Eldar / Dark Eldar:
    Librarian critical to greatly reduce effectiveness of cheeze dual council. Land speeders critical to screen against fast movers in turn one and two. If your land speeders all die, it is worth it to give your other troops time to get on objectives in one piece. Screen Land Raider from fast lance jet bikes. Land Raider pretty much = a Rhino to those weapons and almost all their jet bikes will pack TL versions of em.

Tau / IG:
    Thank god for tourney missions or they would just sit back and spank you, then move in once you are dead. Latest Tau strategy focusing on tight advancing mechanized formations. Blast them with ordinance, temporarily ignoring Devilfish with thier 50% save disruption pods and focus on Crisis and Broads and Hammerhead. Also, speeder in and melta the skyray dumping those marker lights if possible. Your models will flame all cover hugging kroots easily. No need to rush in, just stay out of sight for a turn .. consolidate then burst at them. Or use that turn to pop your smoke and go for it.

WH/DH:
    Not enough players employ them for me to gather much experience. They would probably surprise me and kick my ***. All I know is demon hosts over rated. Keep WH/DH pinned with hvy ordinance and flame them to death but they can use almost any SM or IG codex unit as allies so you never know whats gonna happen with them. Must have Librarian for defensive purposes as they will have tons of psyker abilities.

Chaos Demons:
    Make sure you have a librarian to null zone all the inv saves.

Eval: This army good but will need another troop and a Librarian.. Reaches full potential at 2000pts as far as covering all bases.

HQ:

Vulcan

ELITE:

Dreadnought w/ TL multi melta and TL Hvy Flamer

Dreadnought w/ TL multi melta and TL Hvy Flamer

5x Assault Terminators w/SH and TH deployed in the Land Raider Crusader Redeemer w/ Vulcan

TROOPS:

10 x TAC w/ TL multi melta and TL Flamer, Rhino

10 x TAC w/ TL multi melta and TL Flamer, Rhino

FAST:

2x Land Speeder w/2x TL multi melta 2x TL Hvy Flamer

2x Land Speeder w/2x TL multi melta 2x TL Hvy Flamer

HEAVY:

Land Raider Crusader Redeemer w/ 2x TL AutoCannon, Flamestorm Cannon and TL multi melta

Whirlwind Hvy Ordinance missile barrage

Whirlwind Hvy Ordinance missile barrage

As Cyrus says, "Deal with that".

EDIT: Fixed flamestorm to non TL
    Last edited by Spanklet; 09-21-2009 at 08:05 PM.