Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
Lictors and Pyrovores, yeah they are meh. Mawlocs are fine. They work really well if you manage to surround your opponents (remember, units are destroyed if they cannot get out of the way). Tyrannofexes are really nasty now, because of the 2+ armor. You just got to get them up close.

Rippers, well, they were always a trashcan unit, but are very useful. They take serious firepower dedication to kill, and they can provide cover for anything now. Oh, and they are cheap as stink. Not to mention, they benefit disproportionately from unit buffs as compared to other bugs.

Feel No Pain is nice on them.
Preferred Enemy makes them a serious opponent.

All outflankers were nerfed, so Genestealers are on par with everything else. They still rock, and the Broodlord is more insane that it was before. Not to mention, Fleet for both Ymgarls and Genestealers makes them a very serious threat.

The Parasite is still one of the best 'assassin' units in the game. You rend, they will die, unless they have Eternal Warrior. Same with Broodlords. Always purchase Implant Attack if you have rending! Instant Death at AP2!
Yeah, Broodlords are better now but the thing normal Genestealers are good for now are a Broodlord delivery system. As you say, all Outflanking units got nerfed, but it does render Genestealers particularly weak as they'll just get shot to pieces unless there's a convenient amount of terrain right near the table edge, whereas Kroot, for example, can put out some pretty decent firepower when they Outflank. Ymgarl Genestealers on the other hand are immense.

Tyrannofexes are just too expensive for what they do. If they were cheaper I would use them, but as it is they're just extortionately expensive when you can get so much more for the cost.

I suppose Mawlocs can work if you dedicate some stuff to them, I imagine they make a very tasty alpha strike if you bring 2 or 3 of them in at once with a Hive Commander Tyrant/Swarmlord. You could effectively eat a large chunk of the opponent's army all at once. They're certainly not something I would every take one of though. They're kind of like Eldar Fire Prisms in that respect.