BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Default Necron Spam - Need Advice

So the title might be a bit deceiving because I am not having trouble with Necron Spam, but rather I am being accused of it.

I built my Necrons based on the APOC bundle about 6 years ago. For those of you unfamiliar with it it was:

1 Lord with Res Orb
    48 Warriors
    6 Destroyers
    1 Monolith

Since then I have added

1 Tomb Spyder
    1 Tomb Stalker
    6 Wraiths
    1 C'tan
    10 flayed ones
    10 Tesla Immortals
    20 Deathmarks
    1 Monolith
    2 Heavy Destroyers
    2 Destroyers
    Royal Court

Usually I run a list that is something like this:

Shackles OverLord w Court (1x Lightning field)
    Shackles OverLord w Court (1x Lightning field)

20x warriors
    20x warriors
    10x Immortals
    10x Deathmarks
    10x Deathmarks
    3 Heavy Destroyers
    5 Destroyers
    0-2 monoliths depending

Anyway All i ever hear about is how much my army is spamming things. When the Crons first got their new book I was trying to run a similar list to last edition with a few tweeks and it wasn't going too well (think 4x12 warriors with a cryptek each) and my friends were annoyed but fine with it. The new lists they just dont want to play. The Stalker is "broken" they can't stand the shackles (better since the faq that lets you challenge to ignore them) and the lightningfield is "stupid". Basically I am catching all kinds of flak even more so since in our relatively tame group I am now undefeated in some time.

The last straw for them was having the unit of 20 warriors veil to a location of their choosing after a mishap where it was assaulted by a unit of purifiers and a unit of Black Templar. The Templar died to the lightning field and as I had decided not to overwatch them I did so vs the purifiers and killed all but 2 (hit with all of my staff of light atks..)

Now they dont want to play vs the Crons because of the above reasons and what gauss now does to vehicles. So my question to the community is what do I do? I really dont feel like going out and spending a fortune on new models just to run a unit of each. Secondly Ive tried using flayed ones which I've always loved but they tend to just die the first time there's a strong breeze.
    Last edited by Liazardman; 12-10-2012 at 07:56 AM.