My LGS made it a point to order early. In fact he called his sales rep before he normally would and basically badgered him into placing the order early. Everything appeared fine and rumors started floating around that other stores were turned down on orders as no longer available. Then shortly after that they got the news. Sorry but your basically getting just the codex on the release date.

This could mean a few different things, but they all revolve around a lack of concern for retailers. I’ll bet they used their stock to cover their own pre-orders which gets them more money per unit selling at retail to consumers as opposed to selling to LGS’s at a wholesale cost. They clearly are not using a first come first serve system of allocating their products. I don’t know if they pick and choose certain orders over others to fulfill or what. I would hope they would use some sort of computerized inventory system so I find it hard to believe they oversold themselves. Something is definitely wrong if my LGS goes from getting everything they ordered on Monday to sorry you’re only getting the codex on Thursday.

I do not doubt that they’ve run out because this particular release which includes a lot of new figures for an army that hasn’t seen anything new for a long time. I am questioning how they chose to allocate the resources in an unfair manner to either make money or appease larger accounts.

My LGS said his rep was going to throw in a bunch of dice cubes I guess as a consolation for not getting what they had ordered. I imagine it will simply act as a reminder of the slap to the face we just got.