Every codex has troops of all kind.
Mandatory squads, like termis or fire dragons for example.

Unfortunately there are some units who are not that bad themselves, but have no place in your army, when you go to war.

Who are these poor guys, who are always benched watching the world from the ice box???

I'll make the start with troops from my Orks and Eldar.

Orks
Flash Gitz: Poor guys. Having changed AP every turn makes them to much of a bargain. Besides who wants to fill heavy support slots with them when you can have battle wagons?

Tank bustas: These guys go crazy when spotting a tank. Hey, I can have CC monsters like Nobs or shooting stars (at least for orks, lol) like Lootas instead.

Kommandos: Sadly, the same problem like tank bustas. But they can be fun when combined with Snikrot, entering the table from behind and smashing enemy tanks. Look behind you, you stupid tank commanders.

Burna boys: I know, not competitive, no Pikk-Up for support. But I love IG BBQ.

Eldar:
All heavy supports except Fire Prisms: You take 3 Fire Prisms and your 3 heavy supports slots are full. What a pity. Dark Reapers have potential, but fire prisms seem to be better choices all the time.

All storm units: Personally I do not like any of them. Too fragile, to pricey. Uups, they are not unlucky, because I could take them, I would have the place for them. But... no, thanks.

What are your unlucky troops?