BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Chaplain

Default A new sculpting log of madness

So...

Well guess I'm back in the sculpting saddle, got loads of things I want to try my hand at and plenty more materials to use in sculpting.
    I'm starting off with a number of different pieces, hopefully juggling a maximum of two at a time and seeing how things go from there. My plan at the moment is to balance one production miniature alongside a private piece.

My main two at the moment is the champion for the Bull dragon bloods (piccy below) and another Miriael Sabathiel (this time in demon prince form, or sort of a cross between the two, the general idea is a bit like a mockery version of the living saint).

Loads more after that including Gotrek with his axe and the Dwarven hammer of fate, warp spider exarch, Howling banshee/Wyche (think Howling banshee exarch who has got bored with behaving), a new Vampiress to replace my old one (old one will then be going to Harry on Warseer), more dragon bloods and loads and loads of lizardman pieces including Krok Gar and Grymloq sculpt from the ground up.

Also, as an FYI, chances are that with the dragon bloods there might be little shown for a while, this is because everything has to go through Felix before I post images, sorry but that's part of the contract terms and conditions, which is understandable.

But for the moment, here's some juicy artwork, it should give you an indication of where I'll be going with the sculpts and hopefully something you'll like.

If it helps I'll be chucking in plenty of WIPs too, even from armature stages, though don't expect any tutorials, it's damn tricky trying to take photos and sculpt at the same time.

I should also add, any questions or help that I can offer, just ask, I will do my best if you're having trouble with conversions/sculpts of your own.

EDIT: and finally I forgot to add this.

Had a go using super sculpey firm, nice but very heady due to the turpentine you have to use to make it workable in miniature, not something I wold recommend, especially as you get limited time using it, but on the plus side, for sort and quick projects, it's VERY good.

Here's Krok Gar's spear in super sculpey.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	super_sculpey_firm_practice_by_backsackandjack-d68f5no.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	4229  
    Last edited by Build; 06-16-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    Every saint has a past, every sinner, a future.