Quote Originally Posted by spaceman91 View Post
I may be reading that wrong but it would fire ( one sponson ) 6 shots at 12" or 3 shots at 24" both are twin linked, not 24 shots at 24" from both.

Edit: two sponsons on a LRC. each is 3 bolters. so it works just like firering 6 guys on foot except that each bolter is twin linked. If that makes sense.
In the case of a vehicle, it doesn't matter. Remember that the second number for a salvo weapon is how many shots you get, at full range, if you haven't moved:

If the model has not moved, it can instead fire a greater number of shots at a target up to the weapon's maximum range. In this case, the number of shots is equal to the second number. (p. 52)

Vehicles are always Relentless (page 71, "Vehicles always have the Relentless special rule"), and:

Relentless models can shoot with Heavy, Salvo or Ordnance weapons, countlng as stationary even if they moved in the previous Movement phase (p. 41).

So in the case of hurricane bolter on a vehicle, it's always 12 twin-linked shots per sponson up to 24". On a non-Relentless model it would be different, but as far as I know there is no way currently to have a hurricane bolter on anything except a vehicle, which are always Relentless.

Not that I don't want to see, like, a master of the forge with a pair of hurricane bolters on his servo-harness