With my tau I played against a similar list and destroyed it. I lost no units and all he had left was 5 dire avengers, 3 firedragons, spirt seer, and 2 fire prisms.

Out of all he had I took the most damage from his spinner. I ignoredit on turn 1 and after that I made it my primary target. Once out the way I was able to resume the slaughter of the Eldar.

That being said the wave serpent is a pain to kill. It took all my anti tank to glance death 2 a turn. Grant it 1 strength 10 railgun, 3 rail guns, 6 strength 7 ap 2 shoots, 12 strength 7 shots, 30 sniper rifles, 2 fusion guns, and 6 seeker missles is a lot of anti tank to be shrugging off. I only got one pen in the whole game and that was due to him using his serpent sheild to fire.

What I think cost him the game was I ignore cover saves and he doesn't. I admit gtg ground a lot. Helps to have a warlord trait to fire at bs after going to ground once a turn. Also thanks to marker lights I didn't suffer too much by going to ground. Although 2 of my pathfinder teams spent the game going to ground a lot.

If I was vehicle heavy I think the serpent spam would had done better. Since I only run two vehicles and have two riptides and 3 broadsides I noticed the army had a hard time dealing with the Tau. It didn't help when the first vehicle I glanced death was the fire dragons.

Th dire avengers wasn't hard to kill at all, and the fire dragons once in triple fire range was easily dealt with as well.

I wil say the spinner was annoying since it could possibly snipe out my ethereal and commander, got to love succesful look out sir's.

However let's say 2-3 spinners could had possibly sniped out my ethereal or commander.

Thinking back I would had ignored the spinners until I took ou the firedragon mobiliy. interesting enough I didn't even bother firing at his fire prisoms at all. +3 gtg cover saves all game long, go area terrain. I did had other units that either had $ cover save thanks to my riptides. I would say my worst save was my +5 invulnerable on my riptides, or +5 on my tanks.

I think more ap 2 would had helped, and the ability to negate cover or fire barrage. I learned to put my ethereal into cover in the future, although he made out all right.

The serpents are durable, but they have no real ap, which means you can save against them.

I'm not a fan of the Sun Knight, but I would had issues if I had to go against it. I would had to have to decide to kill the knight which I can easily do, or kill the fire dragon serpents. I probably still would target out the fire dragons, due to possible instant death and ease of killing my tides.

I just think more durable units would help. 5 avengers die rather easily.