So, the Codex hit. I downloaded it last night, and I had a less sleepy look through this morning. What do people think?

So far, my opinion is that it's broadly done what needed to be done to Space Marines, which was a pretty good book still, but showing its age. I'm most impressed with the massive point reductions on things which needed them - from my own army's perspective, a level two terminator Librarian I used with a combi-plasma has gone from a beastly 185 points to a much more reasonable 125. Likewise, the Venerable Dreadnought has had a 40 point reduction. Vanguard Veterans are cheaper basic, but tend to pay more for their weapons. Devastator squads benefit greatly from the reduction in cost of Lascannons, but will pay out the nose if you want Flakk missiles, as is standard.

Grav weapons look seriously good, and they add a very useful tool to the Space Marine armoury. They're very short-ranged, though.

I think the Warlord Traits are fine. None of them are spectacular, but most of them are probably useful here and there.

It's a beautiful book. I love what they've done with the background. By dividing the background among the First Founding chapters and their successors, it comes across as a much more balanced book than previously, which is a good thing. Ultramarines and Guilliman are still the Imperium-saving heroes they were; you're not having it shoved down your throat in a slightly artificial way anymore. Worth noting that a few of the previously contentious background sentences received subtle tweaks here and there, as well.

Anyway, friends! Over to you!