BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Eldar webway portal terrain project

Hello all,

Just thought I'd post up about the webway portal I've been wanting to make. I've seen a few floating around, including some for sale on ebay that look like they're made of foam or styrene, but nothing that had the 'squee factor' for me due to either lacking size (I just couldn't picture it producing a big enough warp opening to fit through 'large' models), or having lumpy bits where hands had wandered while cutting foam. So, knowing someone with a laser cutter I decided to go that route.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webway_pylons.png 
Views:	1615 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	5264Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webway_centre_base.png 
Views:	634 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	5265

The plan was to have 3 pylons, able to be placed at a variable distance from a centre platform. I wanted them to curve, yet also remain quite 'vertical' for the sake of imagining them 'cupping' a really big (titan sized) webway opening.

This could turn into a long project, as I want to add LED lighting too, but I'm making it up a bit as I go along... at least I should be able to add some photos of some first bits cut shortly.

EDIT - Highly inconveniently, work has popped up and sent me half way around the world. I do have some bits cut, but company computers won't let me upload photos of them. Bah :/
    Last edited by -Tom-; 10-19-2013 at 03:22 PM.