Disclaimer: I hate the term "Jetseer". Its lame. Its like those stupid names they give celebrity couples on trash entertainment shows. And yes, I realize I'm whining about whinging. Go figure.

Anyways.

Why is everyone complaining about this unit NOW when, I'd argue, its been nerfed in this codex edition due to the stupidity that is random psychic powers.

In the last edition you could take a mounted seer council, one farseer, one autarch with a laser lance and be guaranteed to have fortune, doom, either guide or mind war depending on your tastes, embolden so you pretty much never fail a psychic check, enhance so your dudes are hitting on 3's most of the time, and 4 to 7 destructor templates a turn.

This edition, in order to reliably get fortune (which is what really makes this editions council work) you have to take two farseers at a hefty price tag and then you have to take at least 3 or 4 warlocks to hope you get protect. After you've paid the points for all that you're still not guaranteed to get the powers you want.

I've taken a modest council in the new book a few times and I have to say that compared to the way it USED to work, its a pale shadow.