Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this kind of question - tactics seemed appropriate.

I am starting up 7th edition after not playing since 3rd and I am looking to collect a Tau (non-Farsight) army. I've been reading through some guides but I haven't been able to find any guidelines for equipping Crisis Suits. In my day Plasma/Missile Pod (Fireknife) for take all comers/MEQ, Burst Cannon/Missile Pod (Firestorm) for non-MEQ, and TL Fusion (Sunforge) for tankbusting were the most common configurations used, but I'm fairly certain this has changed in 12 years.

What are the ways to equip them now? I have two suits in my collection right now that are still on the sprue; I am inexperienced with conversions so I do not plan to magnetize them (too afraid that I will ruin the model) and I don't plan to play competitively. I was thinking either dual Missile Pods or maybe Plasma/Fusion, but I'm not sure if taking Twin Linked or just two of one weapon is the better option, or if I should specialize with two of the same versus variety, etc. I already put a third suit together for possible use as a Commander with dual Fusion guns because it looked cool, but I have the remaining two to figure out.