Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
Who cares about Tank Hunter? Not to put too fine a point on it but killing vehicles hasn't been (nor is it now) that hard with or without that Special Rule. If you really want to kill Armour, that hardly makes a huge difference since you have to hit in the first place. If you really want to kill Tanks (if they are that big a problem in your META) a small allied detachment would serve you a hell of a lot better. The new codex is full of gold star garbage, i.e. price reductions which are meaningless and things like that rule which sound good but which do very little in application in the average game.

I'm a pragmatist. I care about what happens in the average game on a regular basis. Probability is a harsh mistress. Orks can only win a game by managing to get into close combat or somehow holding objectives against those that would shoot them off said objectives or push them off. On the whole, Orks just got easier to kill and scare off. That is all that matters. Giving Orks a rule that makes them more likely to hurt Armour "if" they hit is cold comfort. Winning games isn't about what "might" happen. Winning games is about what does happen every single game.
Sorry, but if you have an army that doesn't hit things very often, then why would having an ability that increases the odds of doing damage when you do hit be bad / not worth it? Sure you could take an allied detachment, but what if you don't want to? What if you want to field a pure Ork army because they don't tend to ally with anybody as per the background / fluff? Based on your posts, I would be incliend to think you fall into the more competitive / tournament player side of the player base. So I get why you think about options like that.

From what I've seen of the changes, yes they are slightly easier to scare off than before. They are slightly easier to kill now that you can't have 5 units of 30 boys getting a 5++ save from the kustom forcefield that is only in range of one model from each unit (because that wasn't a bit OP at all). Having said that though, the changes reflect the background / fluff better. Making the army feel more like it is described in all the material written about them. I understand that from the perspective of someone who plays the game competitively, that's a negative, but from my point of view, that's a plus. It has certainly rekindled my lvoe for the greenskins. So much so that I'm consdiering putting together a sizeable ork force.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
Gw itself has been baning unbound lists at their own events.
Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
<laughs> What a shock.
I've said it before, but that's not a surprise. The rules are a *framework*. This means that GW have provided a set of rules that allows players to choose which elements they want to include for their games and which they don't. Plus it's hardly a change from how tournaments have been run since forever. There have always been aritficial restrictions put in place ever since the old rogue trader tournament system.