We all have that one unit we love, even if we shouldn't, you might love the models, be proud of the paint job you did on them, think the fluff behind them is awesome or have had great success with them on the battlefield!

I love my Ork boyz, deep down, they're the army I've always loved, since 1994 when I got the second edition starter set, I play Eldar too, after a childhood of looking at gorgeously painted Harlequins, and have dabbled with other armies, but time and again, i'm drawn back to the boyz.

Of all the boyz, i think I love the Shokk Attack Gun Mek the most, ever since you had to buy the ammo for it in the form of bases of Snotlings, its just so Orky! A hole is torn in the warp between the guns “barrel” and some unlucky enemy and Snotlings are drawn through this portal screaming and clawing, materialising among or even inside the enemy, who are overwhelmed with maddened Snots, driven mad by the horrors of their brief trip through warp space.

How Orky is that?

And on top of that, it can go horribly, horribly wrong, sucking everything into the warp in a horrific portal accident, throwing the Mek through the portal into the enemy or many other terrible things.

It’s something I try and include every time I use my Orks, it goes badly as often as it performs well for me, but even when it blows the Mek up as the first shot on the first turn (giving my opponent First Blood as well as not doing anything for the game) but I just laugh and laugh, the idea of the Mek spooling up with Shokk Attack Gun, ready to fill a rhino with Snotlings when something clanks and he’s sucked into the Warp, cursing Mork at his bad luck.

So, what are your favourite units and why?