Quote Originally Posted by Reldane View Post
most notably the most recent Ogre Kingdom's book which attempts to change them from a primitive culture trying to make sense of the world and compelled to wonder the world to a low intelligence culture that likes to fight cause fighting is good.
That's interesting as it possibly hints that we will see an Ogre Kingdom + Orc and Goblin merge by increasing their compatibility. I know some people think they will not be reducing the amount of races but I think it's entirely possible they will do it to narrow down the amount of product lines they need to support in the long term. If the rumors are true of the next edition of Warhammer being a "final" copy then this makes a degree of sense.

It could eventually end up looking something like:

Human Empire - Empire dominant with aspects of Bretonia and Kislev
Undead Legions - Vampires Counts dominant with aspects of Tomb Kings
Orcs and Goblins - Orc & Goblin dominant with Ogres
Chaos Hordes - Chaos Warriors, Beastmen & Chaos Daemons
Elves - High Elf, Dark Elf and Wood Elf
Skaven
Dwarfs
Lizardmen

Obviously there is some major lore stretching there to make the pieces fit but I think it could be done. We have already seen some of this playing out in the first book and supporting material (Kinslayer says the Empire has effectively annexed the remains of Kislev) and Nagash has united the Undead under one banner. The Skaven, Dwarfs and Lizardmen are the obvious odd ones out without any obvious real comparable races to merge with. I actually question what they are doing with Lizardmen. Abandoning Lustria seems like a death sentence as there is no-where else that obviously would support the army... I think potentially they are getting discontinued .