Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
Outsiders - you mean like independantly verified books, which is a requirement of UK law yes? Oh of course, how silly of me. Let's not bring irritating facts to pop bizarre little theories.
You and I both know that presentation is everything. There are the books and there are the books. Simple accounting tricks (and all very legal) are utilized to spin things. A good example is an odd announcement like we got last year to try and soften the blow of reduced profits. That was an example of poorly done spin. This year we have an example of well-done spin. Attempting to link yet another drop in profits to currency exchange.

You want to know more about how GW is run - buy some shares. They're publically traded.
First, you assume I don't have some shares. Second, you are being cagey again because both you and I know that owning some shares doesn't automatically make you privy to everything.

And is it more insular? Or is it a case of right person for the right job? Have you seen the new people's CVs and covering letters? Or those of the others who went for the roles? Because if you have, please do enlighten us.
It isn't a case of the right person for the job. This is a company whose profits are falling. Most businesses in a situation like this bring in new blood. They do this for a very good reason, i.e. business culture tends to get stuck in feedback loops. It becomes bubble culture. It is the business version of inbreeding. It has the same long term effects. This isn't a question of qualifications. It is a question of perception, both internal and external. Games Workshop is going against the grain of well-known practices used to deal with these kinds of problems.