"We have shown brutal gods their own limits. Shattered, they now the genuflect at our passing knowing that our brutality was learned at their feet. But cruelty is the lesson we have taught ourselves."
-Hanleck the Amaranthine

So, it's taken about 15 years as a loyal Imperial solider, but resolve has faltered and my spirit is weak.
I'm doing a xenos army.

I've chosen Necrons because I simply love the "new" range and I actually really like how they've been re-fluffed. I still remember when the 3rd edition codex dropped for these guys. I just loved the "we'll be back" mechanic and how they seemed to be an unknowable horror. Sure, they're a little less mysterious now, but at least they can have characters.
I also wanted to try out a bone colour scheme on something and the idea of doing Dark Angels was right out. I've painted enough power armour to last me a few years at least.

Before The Great Sleep, Uthreka was a client dynasty of shifting alliances, a station which had always chaffed Overlord Hanleck the Amaranthine. His proud warriors would serve for the glory of others, while he was parcelled some small star system, the Adumbrals, to play lord over. His potential wasted, Hanleck grew to despise the mercenary nature of the Uthreka Dynasty.
After a timeless slumber, the Uthreka stirred and awoke. First, the Overlord bitterly tossed aside the yoke of servitude and then set about setting the Adumbral system ablaze so that he could then contentedly rule over a kingdom of ashes.
But on sitting on The Smouldering Throne, ambition crept into Hanleck. Independence was not enough for his dynasty. The galaxy had changed in the eons of wakelessness, and so too must he, Hanleck reasoned. And so too must he rule.

So here are a few shots of my colour scheme and what I've got completed thus far. You'll get more fluff as I finish models.

This is the first member of the Royal Court, known as the Lecter court amongst the Uthreka. I figure she will have been Hanleck's bride or betrothed before the Unfleshing stuck all the Necrontyr into their chrome domes we know and love today.

Then of course the warriors.

I want the warriors (and eventually the Immortals and the like) to be chipped and corroded.
Here's a close up, just to be more clear. Also, you can see that I actually picked out the eyes in the shot below.

And lastly, some of my favourites, Scarabs.

I knew I had to use a mix of the Forge World ones once I saw them. They remind me of the Philip K Dick story [URL="http://www.gutenberg.org/files/32032/32032-h/32032-h.htm"]"Second Variety"[/URL]

So guys, I've got some fun things planned to share with you. Let me know what you all think and wish me luck.