BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Chaplain

Default SM Chapters: Distribution/Demography

Ok mates, I have no idea if anyone else would find this interesting, but I wanted to visualize what the current makeup of the Adeptus Astartes (i.e. the ~1000 chapters) and how they relate to their parent legions ::Edit:: Geneseed. That led to combing lexicanum and making this graphic, with each "box" representing the roughly 1000 marines of a codex chapter.

Some points to interpret. The 9 chapters of the first founding are across the top, along with the Grey Knights which were being organized prior to the second founding.

• Successors are shown in their parent chapter's colors.
    • For the "peach" colored chapters I could not find their parentage.
    • The 5th edition SM codex seems to say that ~60% of the successors are descended from the Ultramarines, so a large fraction of the squares are colored light blue and just labeled "UM Successor"

A bunch of the chapters seem to have been extinguished or disbanded, and these are listed below the block of 1,000,000 marines.

I am far from an expert on all of these chapter's histories (for instance I do not know how large the Wolf Brothers may have been)
    Comments and corrections are welcome!

Edit: V2.0 included. Original here [url]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8570/16725428451_d90c632fe6_k.jpg[/url]

Last edited by Dlatrex; 03-11-2015 at 10:01 AM.