Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
I'd try for a slaughter cult if I were you, the extra blood tithe is worth it.
The extra point *is* nice, but at that point I have to give up the Flesh Hounds and Bloodcrushers. I can't afford (money or points) two units of six Bloodcrushers (three seems too small to be effective) plus a unit of Terminators; and then a unit of Bikers plus another unit of Flesh Hounds. So at that point the Bloodcrushers and Flesh Hounds get nixed, because they can't fit into the limiting organization of the Blood Host Detachment.

Slaughter Cult is just a formation within that Detachment, it just gives the boon to the units within that formation. It's nice, but in this army, the idea is to get stuck in fact and hit hard quickly. I've played with the Slaughter Cult and Blood Host Detachment, and it did make for a nice mix, but I want to try a different angle.

In case you're wondering, that particular army was:

Lord on Juggernaut with the +1 tithe point axe
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage
8 Possessed
8 Berzerkers with 1 plasma pistol, champion with lightning claw
8 Berzerkers with 1 plasma pistol, champion with lightning claw
16 Bloodletters with command
8 Bloodletters with command
Defiler
Defiler
Soul Grinder

Played against a Horus Heresy Death Guard army. Got lucky with the big guns not able to hurt all my big targets fast enough, and I got stuck into combat with the Lord, Possessed, and Bloodthirster fast, while smashing Marines with the three AP3 big blasts, before assaulting with all the other units and just kind of having my way with everything except the tooled up command squad (which finally died, but heck, I got some nice points out of it killing my weaker units). That game was pretty fun, with the points and boons piling up and just enjoying the slaughter even as my own units died.