Ok, so I am new to Warmachine, and my 2 player starter box arrived a few days ago.

I have to say I was quite disappointed when I first saw the miniatures. I know the look of the Warmachine range is more wacky and comic book than Warhammer's fantasy style, and although this had put me off starting Warmachine for a few years, it has recently started to really grow on me - hence I decided to take the plunge.

However, I am a bit horrified at the quality of the plastic / resin miniatures contained in the box. Every weapon blade and shaft is distorted, the moulding lines are not great, and there is some detail missing in places. The warping is the worst thing, with even some of the chunkier jack weapons being bent.

I was looking forward to throwing the 'plastic' contents together and be playing soon, but I am now faced with the job of having to steam and try to reshape maybe more than 20+ pieces before I can get gluing, not to mention trying to clean up the mould lines without ruining the models.

To be frank, I am a bit gutted and seriously wondering about putting it straight on eBay.

I was just wondering what other peoples views were on the quality of the Warmachine minatures? I had read one review of the starter box somewhere that said the models were pretty ropey, but all the other reviews I had read (including Amazon) did not make any complaint. Just interested in hearing other opinions...