Look; negative reviews get clicks and comments, which means ad revenue.
Just like a tornado sells news papers but calm weather doesn't.
And for some people hating on whatever GW brings out is all they have left.
It's their choice.
Just like some people would defend GW if the changed over to making their models out of clubbed baby seal and the tears of starving orphans.
It's just what happens.

As for pointing out rules flaws, it is a good idea if you spot an error to let someone know.
But picking on the intended design ain't going to get you anywhere.
The message here is clearly "We do not believe fun and balanced are the same thing, we believe that narrative scenarios are more fun than balanced competitive matches."
How many other products are there out there that fit that category? That halfway house between RPG and Wargame?
Not too many.
And GW obviously want that sector of the market.
Now, if you miss old WFB there is NOTHING stopping you playing it (including in-store as it will be a currently available product),
as I mentioned in my opening post we know the books remain on I tunes.

Charon raised a very good point about Background.
I'm sad to see the old world I knew like the back of my hand go.
But lately they'd filled in the map, the stories were re-telling themselves and even a big shake-up wouldn't have freshened things up that much.
But from a miniatures production point of view they were down to expanding by dressing humans up in different suits, or levering things in ret-con style.
Plus re-making the same stuff over and over.
And I'm guessing they're hoping people will be excited to try new things, rather than clinging to the old.
The Discworld has evolved from DnD gag to fully fledged steampunk victoriana sci-fi world in the time it's taken the Old World to re-fight the final war against chaos twice over with hefty ret-conning abound.
And you'd be shocked the number of fans who didn't say "semaphore and quantum physics? No sir, I'm never reading a discworld novel again."
But every new edition of Warhammer we get the same clarion call of "The game is dead!" only for it to not be.

To be clear, I WILL still be playing 8th too. Because now I have 2 Games I can play with my miniatures in store (and 5 outside, as I have 3rd, 4th,7th, Mordheim and WH Skirmish at home too).
It's not like they're coming to our houses and taking all our old books away.
we can still play old editions, read the old books, and even play AOS using your old models and decide it's still pre end times.
Or during the Storm of Chaos.
Or in the Tarmakhand alternate future.
Or in the other alternate setting that WH-Online existed in.
Or whatever you like really.
But yeah, I never will find out what happened to Brunner the Bounty Hunter, or the Marienburg River-Watch. And that does make me a little sad.
So I guess I'll make the models, make up some Warscrolls for them, and decide for myself with some friends.
And i'm going to give the new books a try too (pre-ordered the novella, 'cos why not), and like all products and services everywhere if I don't like it I won't buy any more. Or I'll wait for reviews until I do.
After all, a flaming slayer-god battling the mother of all magma dragons sounds pretty cool.