So I am getting very close to finishing my IG army and as such have been trawling through the codex. In general it is exactly what I wanted when I started building the army, lots of fluff and fun but there are a few things that I think could be altered slightly.
(I haven't get managed a game with a full guard army so bear in mind that this is just theory crafting! )

1. Points costs for Melee weapons, they are the same for my BAs as for the IG, and a lot less effective for the IG, S6 vs S8 is quite a difference against vehicles.

2. Deathstrike Missiles should be D weapons! - they are tank mounted titan weapons after all! and vortex to boot.

3. Platoon Command Squads should get teh 'Combined Squad' Special rule, ok so you could get 55 troops with FnP but you can do the same with an SM allied Apoc.

4. Flakk Missiles, this actually applies to all Imperial Codexs, they should be free issue with Missile Launchers, they arn't really all that effective and not really worth the extra points, it would also bring back missile launchers as the Swiss Army Knife of H Weapons.

5. Orders and Vox, 2 thoughts, 1)if a VoC gives and order to his own squad it can be re rolled regardless, and in order for another squad to get a reroll it has to have a Vox unit 2) an Officer with VoC can give an order to anyone within 12", if the VoC and commanded unit both have Vox the range is unlimited. (I tend to prefer #2 for fluff).

It is possibly a testimony to how much I like the current codex that I can only come up with 5 fairly minor tweeks, once I get some proper games under my belt I might feel differently, currently at 85/150 troops painted so hopefully soon!

Anyone have any other thoughts on the Imperial bullet screen?