Combined arms Force Org
    Allies Force Org
    Race Specific Force Org
    Formations
    Unbound
    Ducurion Force Organisation

and combinations of all the above

The issue I finding is that:

Some races have better ways to construct their armies than others.
    Some formations are far more powerful than others, which exist for fluff purposes only.
    The race specific force Orgs tend to be a little lackluster compared to the Ducurions / some formations
    People are generally wary of any unbound armies
    The Ducurions are quiet inaccessible and allow little room for you to build the army you want.

I would like all this to be simplified.

I would like two choices, for example:

Unbound / Race specific force organisations only

or

Unbound / Balanced fluff based formations only

I find the current state of army building in 40K a mess. I want the freedom it all brings but I do not like that you can end up with special rules, upon special rules, upon special rules, upon re-rolls.

I would like the stats of the unit to determine it's use on the battefield and special rules be just that special rules used only to bring the fluff to the battlefield. I would like special rules to be generally few and far between.

I'm finding the current messy state of army building is meaning I am leaving some armies on the shelf more than I would like and when I do bring them out if they don't fit into a ducurion or formation i'm struggling to make them competative.....my Mono-Tzeentch Daemons, Arbites themed Astra Militarum and Chaos Marines are all examples of this.

Any thoughs on this welcome:

Cheers

Charlie
    Last edited by charliemachina; 02-14-2016 at 08:53 AM.